Chapter Nine - A Debut for Two

— Kitty's POV

I arrived at the Contest Hall with everyone else. I was here, I was actually here! My first contest battle was about to begin! I couldn't believe it! Oshawott looked just as excited as me, which was a great sign.

"Come on, you need to be registered." I nodded at Chris and walked inside.

The Contest Hall was full of Trainers. There were all types of Pokémon in here. Most of the Pokémon were from Unova, however there were a few Trainers with Pokémon from other regions, but none of them caught my eye exactly.

"We'll go and get our seats," Imogen told me. "See you there."

"Bye!" They walked off and went down the left hallway. I watched them enter the through the doors where everyone else was heading.

I stopped at the line queuing up to the front desk for registration. I was a bit nervous still, but I was remembering what had happened back at the room. Imogen is such a great friend and Oshawott is such a great partner. I'm glad I chose him.

As the line became shorter and shorter, I ended up at the front desk. "Hello," greeted the man. "Here for registration?"

"Yes," I answered, trying to sound as confident as I could. I didn't want to sound scared.

"All good. Would you mind just giving me your Contest Pass?" A Contest Pass? I don't have one of those!

"Well ... I don't have one ..." I mumbled.

"That must mean it is your first contest! All good! Just place your Pokédex in one of these slots and you will be registered!" I pulled my Pokédex out of my pocket and pushed it into one of the slots on the front of the desk. Above the man, a screen flashed and showed a picture of me and all my information. The man then said, "Kitty Brown, you are now entered in the Nacrene City contest. Your information and ID has been downloaded from your Pokédex's memory."

I pulled out my Pokédex and noticed that above one slot, was another one, just thinner. A card then appeared out of the slot, like a licence. "That is your ID card, it serves as your Coordinator Contest Passes from now on. You can enter any contest in the Unova region that you want with that Pass."

"Wow ... Thank you so much!" I took the Contest Pass from the slot and examined it. It had a picture of me, displayed my birth date, along with how many Pokémon I had along with how many Contest Ribbons I had.

"Before you go, you need to take these." He placed a tray on the desk. "This is your Ribbon Case, your Ball Capsule, and a rule book." I took the rule book and skimmed the cover. I placed it in my bag and then took the Ribbon Case. It was a beautiful shade of magenta, being really light like a rose. I opened it up and looked inside. A small cushion with five dents were all that was on the inside. I then took the Ball Capsule and pocketed it.

"Thanks so much for all the help!" I said.

"No problem. Since you're competing, the dressing room is down that hallway. You'll know it when you see it. The door next to it is the waiting room. Good luck."

"Thank you," I repeated. I turned right and began walking. I took a left and turned down the hallway. It had only a couple of doors, one of which went into the stadium where people were waiting.

I read the signs above the doors. There was the waiting room, the room I would have to go in and watch the competition until it was my turn to be called out, the bathroom, the lunchroom, and then finally, the dressing room.

I entered the dressing room and looked around. A few boys and girls were still left in here, fixing up their costumes or hair, finishing up on their makeup, or just checking that they looked perfect.