Chapter Two - A Troubling Road

I looked down at the road ahead of me. I had quite a long way to go until I reached Accumula Town. I didn't even need to do anything in Accumula Town, there are no gyms at all there. The only reason why I would need to go there would be to heal my Pokémon and that would be it.

After about an hour of walking, I decided to take a break and sit down by a tree and have some lunch. I let out Snivy and Swablu and they both cried their names.

"First of all, Swablu, this is Snivy," I said, introducing them both. They both spoke in their own language to each other before I continued. "Second of all, you both must be pretty hungry so let's have lunch!"

"Swablu!" Snivy!" They both cheered together. Their calls reminded me of the Pokédex. It should be charged by now. I pulled it out of my bag and started it up.

"OK ... Snivy first," I muttered. I faced the Pokédex towards Snivy and the Pokédex spoke. "Snivy, the Grass Snake Pokémon. Snivy photosynthesize by bathing their tails in sunlight. When they are not feeling well, their tails droop."

"OK, cool," I said. I directed the Pokédex towards Swablu. This time the Pokédex said, "Unknown Pokémon."

I found it a bit confusing at first, but I figured out the problem pretty quickly: Swablu isn't native to Unova. I sighed and quickly dismissed the problem, feeding my Pokémon and myself was my next priority.

"Let's have some lunch!" I exclaimed. They both cheered and I pulled out the container of Oran Berries. I gave Swablu and Snivy ten each and then I pulled out a sandwich for me.

Once we all finished, I packed up my things and told Swablu to return to its Poké Ball. I wanted to keep Snivy out for some training, I couldn't wait for my first battle against someone's Pokémon or just a wild Pokémon.

"Come on, Snivy," I said, "I think we should train for a while. Get ready for the first gym." I knew very little about the first gym, except that it was a Fighting type gym and the leader's name was Tie, a sports champion.

"Snivy!" Snivy exclaimed. I looked at the direction Snivy was looking at, there stood a wild Pokémon. I wasn't going to catch it since I already had a flying type Pokémon, Swablu. How did I know it was a flying type? It had a wings and a beak, most flying types have those.

Before calling an attack, I pulled out Pokédex quietly and pointed it at the Pokémon. "Pidove, the Tiny Pigeon Pokémon. Each follows its trainer's orders as best it can, but they sometimes fail to understand complicated commands," the Pokédex said. If it sometimes fails to understand its trainer's commands, then I was glad that I didn't need it. Maybe I could give it to Kitty, as a joke.

Getting back on track, I commanded Snivy to use Vine Whip, but before Snivy could land a hit, a wave of flames landed on Pidove. Snivy hid behind me, not wanting to get badly injured. I decided to stay back with Snivy and see who the trainer was and what Pokémon was going against Pidove.

"Tepig, use Ember!" said a really familiar voice. I tried to recognise voice and then my mood dropped. It was Ryan, of all people. I really didn't want to face him now, I was about to train Snivy and he has Tepig, he would whoop my butt in ten seconds flat!

I was getting bored, so I decided to return Snivy to her Poké Ball and hide behind a tree. "Return, you'll be safe now, Snivy," I whispered. Snivy went inside its Poké Ball and I continued watching Ryan. How long was this going to take? I could be in Accumula Town if he wasn't here.

"Go Poké Ball!" is what I heard next and then I saw Ryan throw a Poké Ball at the Pidove. Poor thing, having to be with him. I would fly far away from him if I were the Pidove. That, or I would repeatedly peck Ryan that he would have to let me go. "Got it!" Ryan exclaimed, frightening me. I thought he was speaking to me as if he could hear my thoughts.