Chapter One - A New Journey

I ran down the stairs as quickly as I could. Today was the day I started my journey through Unova. I was now eighteen and once I turned eighteen, I could go on a journey with Pokémon, these little creatures that go inside small balls we know as Poké Balls.

A Poké Ball is a small ball with red on the top, a thin, white, thin line in the middle with a white button, and white is also on the bottom. They are used to store Pokémon and Poke Balls come in different types. Anyway, I just couldn't wait to finally get my first starter Pokémon, I wonder what they would look like.

As I reach downstairs, I look at my mum and see her cooking breakfast, while my father read through the newspaper. I looked at the front of it, "'Mysterious Group of People Named Team Plasma'," I read. Team Plasma ... That's a funny name for a group of people.

"Good morning, Imogen," Mum greeted me. "How did you sleep?"

"Very well," I answered, taking a seat at the bench. "I am so excited!" I squealed. You couldn't blame me, in about thirty minutes, I was about to get my very first Pokémon and set out on my journey!

"With all this excitement I am surprised you slept at all," Dad said to me. His voice was different, but I think I knew why. He wasn't very keen about me leaving. But he has Chris, my little brother.

"Well with no sleep, she wouldn't be able to do anything at all today," Mum said kindly, serving me a plate of pancakes.

"Thanks," I muttered. I began eating, trying not to let me excitement make me pig out. The last thing I needed was to get pains in my stomach.

After breakfast, I went up to my room to get ready. I changed into my clothes, brushed my brown hair and tied it into a short ponytail and started packing my small backpack. All I needed was a spare change of clothes, a drink bottle, some food and three Poke Balls that Mum had given to me yesterday for my birthday.

I walked back downstairs and looked at Mum. She scanned me from top to bottom, most likely checking that my clothes were good for a journey.

I was wearing black sneakers, leggings with a light, blue dress over it and a small, silver belt around my waist. "So are you ready to see Professor Juniper?" Mum asked me.

"Of course I am!" I exclaimed. "Where is Dad though?" He wasn't in the dining room or the lounge room.

"He has to get ready for work, but he will meet you at the Professor's lab before you leave for your journey." I nodded and walked towards the fruit bowl and grabbed three handfuls of Oran Berries and put them in a small container. I ate one just to feel a bit better. "Oh and Kitty called. She has a surprise for you. So if you could just pop around there, that would be great," Mum added.

Kitty was my friend, my best friend. Ever since she had moved to Nuvema Town, we've been best friends. I met her when I was six and we clicked instantly. However, she is quite different to me, but that doesn't stop us from being best friends.

"OK. I will see her before I see Professor Juniper. Is she next door now?" Mum nodded.

Mum kissed my cheek and gave me a hug. "Be safe out there, Unova can be dangerous," she said quietly. I knew this. One city I needed to be careful in was Castelia City. It was the biggest city I've ever seen. It covered three gigantic islands and had Pokémon from different regions everywhere! Dad took me and Kitty once, and to make it quick, we got lost.

"I will." Mum let go of me and I approached the door. "Goodbye Mum, I love you."

"I love you too. Have a great adventure! I'll be right here when you return, Imogen."

"I know, Mum." I opened the door and looked back at her. She smiled and I smiled back. I walked outside and closed the door behind. I began to walk towards Kitty's house. She was just next door, so it was a quick walk.