Chapter Three - Battles and Searches

I woke up the next morning and thought about what was up with Ryan last night. I was thinking about asking him, but surely he would avoid it. I decided to give Kitty a ring and see how she was doing. I called her but didn't get answer, so of course she was still asleep.

I walked out of the bedroom and into the small kitchen. I got a cup and placed it under the tap. I turned it on and then turned it off. I realised there was a note on the bench and read it.

Left early. See you later – Ryan. P.S: Nurse Joy gave me a key.

Ryan had already left? It was only eight o'clock in the morning. I looked at the couch and realised that his two Pokémon were now gone. How the hell did Ryan manage to convince Nurse Joy to give him a key to my room?

I decided to try trace Ryan and where he was at the moment. I packed my things up, woke up Snivy and Swablu, fed the two of them and once they finished, I returned them both to their Poké Balls. I made sure I had everything and left the room. Before leaving the Pokémon Center, I knocked on Ryan's door just in case. I didn't get a response so that meant he was definitely gone.

I headed downstairs and went to the front desk. Nurse Joy was operating the desk and I thought about the questions I should ask her.

"Nurse Joy?" I said calmly. I was still angry at her for giving Ryan a key to my room. He must've told her he locked himself out or something.

"Yes, Imogen?" she answered.

"What time did Ryan leave this morning?" Time was everything. The more time Ryan had, the further away he was from me. I needed to ask him why he was so weird last night.

"Ryan told me not to tell you," she said. That angered me, Ryan was two steps ahead of me. He was clever, I'll admit that, but that doesn't stop me from getting my answers.

"OK," I said with an attitude. "What time didn't he leave?" I know, that is a dumb question, but I can lower it down to what time Ryan left. Hell, I'm wasting my time now!

"Uh ... Eight o'clock?" I rolled my eyes. It was half-past eight now and I woke up at eight. Of course Ryan left earlier than that.

"When did you start operating the front desk?"

"Six o'clock." That was all I needed to know. Ryan was maybe an hour or two ahead of me. I would eventually catch up to him, I knew that. I gave Nurse Joy my room key and thanked her before saying goodbye. I left the Pokémon Center and pulled out Swablu's Poké Ball.

"Swabluu!" she called.

"Swablu, I need you to have a fly around and see if you can find Ryan."

"Swab, Swablu!" She took off and flew up into the sky. I then pulled out Snivy and had her sit on my shoulder.

Once I get my hands on Ryan, I'll make sure he never hears the end of it. That was a promise. I had a look around town and tried to find any places Ryan would be in. I went to the Battle Club, I thought Ryan would have been there but he wasn't. I searched a few small shops and even went to the Pokémon Center again just to make sure he wasn't trying to lag behind me.

"I guess it is time to leave this place," I told Snivy.

"Snivy!" I'm pretty sure that was an agreement. I began to walk through the streets and heard Swablu calling out.

"Swabluuu!" she exclaimed, landing on top of me.

"Did you find him, Swablu?" I asked her. She shook her head and I sighed. "OK then. Have a rest, Swablu." I returned her to her Poké Ball and continued walking onwards.