Third Chance

Joko came to.  It was cold.  Many people were around him.  All of them were dead.  He was in a morgue.  He started to scream and shake.  However, the straps kept him still as he screamed.  The doors to the freezer were flung open as a doctor scrambled to take Joko out.

"Who are you!  Where am I?" Joko asked, "No, wait... GET AWAY!"

He kicked the doctor, who was also the second assassin.  Her jaw cracked and her nose bled as she tumbled  to the floor.  Joko worked off the last restraint.  He ran out the door and down the hospital hallway.  Only when he passed the first nurse did he realize he was naked.  Most screamed for a different reason though.  Suddenly, his legs got swept off the floor and he was held upside down by a giant of a man.

"Thank you Grunk," another woman said, this was the first attacker, "How are you still up and kicking?  You were dead for quite a while.  Interesting one aren't you."

"Put me down!  Let go!" Joko shouted.

Grunk let go of his foot.  Joko landed head first.

"Did you get him?" asked the first docter.

"Yes, sis!  Grunk swept him up like a grocery bag!" the younger one said.

"Sister?" Joko asked in a daze.

"Yes, I am Jessica, as you already know, and that is Miyuki," the younger one stated.

"What am I doing?" Joko thought.

He got up and ran through the main door, into the street.  People covered their eyes and turned away as he ran past.  He heard a loud thumping and looked over his shoulder to see Grunk catching up... While carrying both Jessica and Miyuki!

The trio tackled him.  Joko only got two blocks down the road when they started dragging him back towards the hospital.

"You sure he is the right one?" Jessica asked Miyuki.

"He came back to life, of course he is!" she replied.

"It could have been just the sensors reading incorrectly."

"He was dead for four months!  I even dissected him!"

"Still, he could have been in a deep coma."

"What are you two talking about!?" Joko yelled, "And can you stop dragging me across the concrete!"

Grunk picked Joko up and held him underneath his mammoth arms.

"This isn't any better," Joko thought.

"And for me to answer your question," Miyuki stated, "you are to be a test subject.  Tell me, do you want to Logout?"

"Yes I want to die."

"That isn't what I meant!  Do you want to leave reality behind for good and never need to worry about this mortal plane?"

"That would be heaven, no worries, no payments."

"You will still have those, but it will be different.  You will be inside the game."

"Trust me that doesn't work.  Sooner or later, you get a terrible stomach ache for not moving.  I know from experience.  Also, this sounds like it will go downhill like that anime I once watched."

"You won't even have a body to take care of... kind of."

"Kind of?"

"Your entire physical self will be in the game.  Only, you cannot come out until we find a way to reverse the effects."

"What makes you think I will accept?"

"You have nothing to lose.  Everything you owned is gone.  Also, it is any boys lifelong dream.  Leaving reality behind for a real fantasy world, ironic as it is."

The four were brought to a room on the top level of the hospital.  There was high tech machinery everywhere.

"Finally, you must have a great destiny if your mind revived yourself," Miyuki concluded.

They laid him on a cold metal table and strapped him down.

"If you die in the game, there will be a respawn, until you reach level ten.  Then, game over after that. Got it?"

"Yes, but why help me, you work for Snake Hood Clan right?" Joko asked.

"The Snake Hoods see a tyrannical government.  This will create an ultimate warrior.  The leader picked you out specifically," Jessica replied.

Grunk grunted as he nodded.

"We can also send in one item with you.  What will it be?" Miyuki asked.

"My bracelet," Joko said.

Jessica snickered, "A bracelet?  What are you joke of a man?"

"Hey!  It just means a lot to me."

Miyuki glared at Jessica and left the room.  She came back with Joko's bracelet.

"Here you are," she said, "Now this may hurt a little."

She pulled a lever.

Joko saw a whole new world form around him.  Trees rustled slowly and people ran this way and that in the distance.  However, everything seemed slightly different from reality.  Everyone carried weapons and dragons circled overhead.  The wheat felt real, the dirt was moist under him, the breeze tickled his nude torso... He glanced down, he was still naked.

"I didn't know the game even made those!" Joko thought.

He instinctively covered his groin.  However, his hands didn't move.  His tail did.

"What!!!" he shouted.

Sure enough he had a tail... and feline ears on his head.  However, he was slightly more muscular than he was in real life.  His hair was a deep red.  However, he was still short.

A person was coming his way.  He needed to hide.

"But where?" he thought, "Like I can hide in a wheat field with this... hair."

He got onto his knees and raised his ears and tail above the wheat.

"Hopefully the player will think I am a new mob and leave me alone, genius!"

"Oh, a new mob, maybe it is an event," the player said, "Hmm feline.  Yep there is no character customization option like that.  Take this!"

Joko stood up, "No, please!"

"A humanoid!" the player exclaimed as she stumbled.

Another girl.  Just my luck.

"Please don't look this way!" Joko requested.

"Why not- ehHHHH!" she screamed

"I said don't look!" Joko said as he blushed.  Then he got an idea.

"I am a god," he said dramatically, "and one mortal isn't worthy of looking upon me.  Be gone before I unleash my wrath!"

She screamed and ran away.

"Should have asked her for directions," Joko thought, "A wheat field, classy, but what the heck is up with these?!"  He tugged at his ears.

"Ow!  Guess this is reality now.  A third chance," Joko said.