Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

(I'm planning on making them mates in the second book!!!)

"Everyone, follow me".

I lead them to the place, Caine instructed me to bring them, the building was covered by trees, and there was no path leading to it, making it almost impossible for enemies to find, the building was made 98% metal.

I typed in the code and the steel door opened. "Kids, there's a play room by that hall, lots of toys!". I clapped my hands and force a smile on my face. This kids didn't have to know about the war happening right now.

"Come on Popey, Seb! Lets go play!". Chloe and Carlos both said, keeping the also fake smile etched on their faces. A hand tug on mine, and I looked down to the girl barely reaching my knees.

"Thank you Luna". It came out unclear, considering she looks only three, but I still understand it. I gave the little girl a hug and said in an enthusiastic voice.

"Your welcome, now hurry! Go play with the other kids!".

I went in to the living room where some teens tried to calm down by watching a movie.

As much as you can try to calm down when watching 'the conjuring'

"Everyone please, calm down. I know you all think I'm mental to even say that but please, lets just hope and pray that, our brothers, sons, cousins, father, uncles, and mates will be fine. Lets just hope that we win this war. My brothers, uncles, mate, and father is also in thus war, fighting for our safety".

Hope for the best, and expect for the worst...

~Time Lapse~

I don't know how long I sat there by the window. I don't know what was happening outside besides the war, I don't know if I should go out there, I just don't know anymore....

Bridget handed me a red velvet cupcake with a bright pink frosting. "Let me guess, you guys have baked more than fifty cupcakes, yes?". She nodded a sheepish grin on her face. I sighed and munched on the chewy goodness.

"Kids! The cupcakes are ready!". Kids rushed out from the playing room, and their loud yells of joy and excitement filled the tensed atmosphere.

Ella plopped herself on my lap while eating her chocolate cupcake. "What are you looking at?". She asked with a mouth full of cupcake.

"Oh nothing". I hummed while playing with her soft hair.

~Time Lapse~

Its unbearable! I cant take it anymore!

I went to the steel door, and typed in the code. "Where are you going?". I froze and found mom standing behind me. "Aura don't you dare go outside that door". She warned.

"Mom, you got to understand. I cant take this much longer, if I stay cooped up here, I'll lose it! Please, please understand".

I don't what made her let me, maybe the pained look on my face? Or the clear desperate tone when I spoke? But she did.

A shiver run down my spine when the loud noises became clearer and louder. A tear run down the side of my face when I took in some very few of my pack members sprawled on the grass. Lifeless, dead.

"Aura! What are you doi-

Caine's voice got interrupted when a Centaur charged for him. I took a sword lying near a dead Centaur and aimed it at the enemy attacking my mate.