Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter dedicated to DanielleDeluna16
and litehouse

Song above is DNA by Little Mix

"I will walk my faith
Even when I cant see".

~Chapter Twenty-Eight: Zeke's Mate~

Running as fast as I can through the tress and into the woods.

This is such a bad idea! I shouldn't have done this!

Hearing the dozen footsteps and the galloping of horses behind me, I urged myself to go faster.

~Two hours Earlier~

Going down a flight of stairs, the light of the sun lessens. The dungeons.

Not even knowing it, I walked down the long corridor, the strong stench of rusting meral making me want to hurl and puke at the corner.

"Who's there? Who are you?". A girl's voice said. I narrowed my eyes and tried to see through the darkness.

"Hello?". I walked towards the cell at the very end. Looking pass the bars to see a girl sitting on the floor with her back against the wall and her knees up her chest.

"Wh-who are yo-you? Plea-please don't hurt m-me". She stuttered, clearly afraid I'll hurt her. I shook my head.

"I wont hurt you please don't be scared". I looked around for the keys and covered my mouth with my hands, I didn't noticed the guard sleeping on a chair, I look at his belt and found keys jumbled together on it.

Sneaking up to it slowly, I tried to wiggle out the keys without making any sounds.

Mentally hitting my forehead. I could have use my powers!

Stepping away from the guard and going back to her cell.

"Wha-what are yo-you doing?".

"Helping you escape. No way em I iust gonna leave this shit without even helping anyone".

"N-no!". I frowned at her. "If I escape, they'll pin the blame on my mate".

Mate?

"What's his name?".

"I don't know". She looked down at her lap. "I never once asked him".

"Why?".

"You should really go back now. Any minute the guard will wake up. And although it would be nice to have a cell mate. I'd more like it for you to go".

As if on cue. The guard stirred on his seat and grumbled something umder his breath about being quiet.

"Go, please". She whispered pleadingly.

~Time Lapse~

Taking the risk of opening the door beside me, I grab the knob but before I can turn it open, the knob jiggled, stepping back and rushing away to hide.

Sandy brown hair came into view, blue eyes. Zeke.

He clenched his fist and punched the wall beside him. I jumped and his attention turned to my way.

I knew hiding behind a curtain is a bad idea

He marched towards me with a scowl, his hand centimetres away from the curtain. Centimeters away from finding me.