Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter dedicated to...JenniferBell4 and ElixirSteel

Song above is....7 Years Old by Lucas Graham

"I know everything happens
for a reason
But sometimes! i wish I knew
what that reason is"

~Chapter Twenty-Four: Bestfriend? Nah!

He played with my white locks while I glared at him from underneath him. "Once upon a time, there was a little four year old name Aura". He hold his hand up to shush whatever I was gonna say. "A storm came while she and my cousin".

"Cousin?! Who are you talking about cousin?! Is Zeke your cousin?! Is he part of this too?!". I shouted at him. He smirk down at me and nodded his head.

"Oh that son of a bitch". I muttered under my breath.

"I'll always be there for my best friend". He once said to me.

We'll always be there for me my ass! If he's my best friend, he wouldn't put me in this disgusting mans hands! He's suppose to be barging from that door and rescuing me! But heavens no! He's one of them!

I refused to believe it. Zeke was with me since we were in diapers. His mom died when he was four and I stood by his side while hugging him, comforting him with soothing words while he cried.

When he shifted for the first time, I was there to squeal at him and gave him a hug of congratulations.

I was there for him and he was there for me. But all of those soon turned to be a lie.

"A storm came while you and my cousin were playing. But they didn't know that my witches created that storm. It's all part of the plan my dear".

"Those men who came to our home? Are they one of your guys too?".

"No. The centaurs and werewolves have been enemies since the Earth was made. But, you my dear. Is destined to kill the Centaur king, and put a stop to all his evil doings. He hated that, so he sent three of his men to capture you. I made my witches conjure a storm so you will be at your home and the centaurs can't come near you, he wanted you dead the minute he found out. But I cant let that, so we made a deal not to kill each other and be a team. I kidnapped you when your old enough, and keep you as mine. While he stays in his castle not worrying about his so called death".

Centaurs are half horses, half men. Never in my life have I once seen one.

"And Amy? What does she have to do with all of this?! You killed her you asshole! You killed my sister in law!". I pounded on his chest. Releasing all my anger and rage.

She could have been a great aunt for my kids!

"Ah yes, Amy. Caine's father and mine have been enemies since I and Caine have been born. I was eighteen that time and my father decided to attack their pack. Caine, his mother and father made it to the car, but Amy. She didn't made it".

"Because you killed her! How can you do that? You were eighteen for Pete sake! How can you kill someone who have done nothing wrong to you?". I sniffed and forced down the tears trying to spill out. "You're a monster". I stared deep into his eyes. I sure hope looks can kill.

"Don't worry, you'll be seeing your mate's grave soon enough. He'll be coming for you. And you my dear". He grabbed my chin. "Will be our bait. Two birds in one Stone. No more Caine, no more enemy". He leaned into me and pressed his lips to mine. I pressed my lips in a thin line.