Lucky

Dan's POV

The ambulance came and the paramedics rushed in with a stretcher. "Sh-she just went unconscious" I said nervously. They lifted her up onto the stretcher. "Can we come? We're her fathers" Phil said. They nodded and we all rushed to the hospital...

Time skip

"She has a broken leg and cracked her head open. She's going to be okay though. She's lucky." The nurse told us. I felt relieved but then asked, "what do you mean by lucky?". "Well she has a brain tumor at the back of the brain stem. If that fall went any other way. She would have been in far worse circumstances than she is now." The nurse explained. She has a brain tumor? Why didn't we know? "How long has she had this brain tumor?" Phil asked. "Since she was 16 months old." The nurse replied. "Can we see her?" I asked. She nodded and led us to her hospital room. She was asleep. But alive. "We should probably call Zoe. She is like her friend. I think Zoe is like a mother to her" Phil said. "Yeah you're right." I said. I picked up my phone and called Zoe.

"Hello?" I heard a tired voice say into the phone. "Hey Zoe" I said. "Dan why are you calling me at 4:30 in the morning?" She asked. "It's Iz. She fell down the stairs" I said. "Oh my god is she okay?" Zoe asked more awake. "Yeah. She cracked her head open and broke a leg. She has a few bumps and bruises but she's okay. If the fall had gone any other way. She'd be in way worse circumstances." I said. "What do you mean by that?" She asked worriedly. "She has a brain tumor she has had since she was like 16 months and if something happened it would have done something" I said. "We'll be right there" she said. And with that she hung up. "She's coming as fast as she can" I told Phil nervously. I starting to pace back and forth. "She's going to be okay Dan" Phil said Hugging me. "I know. But I'm still worried" I replied. "I am too. But she's okay." Phil said. He kissed my cheek. We sat down and waited for her to wake up. 5 minutes later her eyes began to flutter open.

Iz's POV

I woke up in a hospital room. "Hey... how ya feeling?" Phil asked. "Terrible. What happened?" I replied. "You fell remember?" Dan asked slightly worried. "Oh yeah" I replied. "You broke your leg and cracked your head open" Phil said. "Well no wonder I feel like crap" I said. "You tired? Hungry?" Dan asked. "No" I replied yawning. "Get some rest. We're right here if you need anything" Dan said. I nodded and tried to fall asleep.

Time skip

I woke up and yawned. "Morning" Phil said. "What's the time?" I asked. "7am" Phil replied.  Suddenly there was a knock. Phil opened it. "Iz. You have visitors" Phil said as he stepped aside to let whoever was there in. Zoe and Alfie walked in. "THANK GOD YOU'RE OKAY. YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME" Zoe shouted but not loud enough to disturb others as she ran in. "You okay?" Alfie asked. I laughed and nodded. "How'd you know?" I asked. "Dan called me when you arrived at the hospital. Told us what happened. And we got here as fast as we could" Zoe explained. "You didn't have to" I said. "Of course we had to. We were really worried about you" Alfie said. Zoe nodded in agreement. "Alfie... don't you think you should vlog? I don't want you to miss a day because of me" I asked worriedly. "I vlogged earlier. When we were coming over here. I can vlog here if you want or I can edit that bit out if you don't want anyone to know" Alfie said. "I'm okay with it. I don't really care. You can vlog here. I'm comfortable with it" I said. "Okay" Alfie said. He pulled out his camera a few minutes later. "So we arrived at the hospital here in London an hour ago. Iz is okay. She just broke her leg and hit her head. Does anything still hurt?" Alfie said in the camera. He looked at me and looked at the camera implying the question 'is it okay if I point the camera at you?'. I nodded. He pointed the camera at me. "Nah not really. Just tired." I replied. "I bet" he said. He stopped vlogging. The nurse walked in. "She will be released in a few hours. Everything checks out. We just need to fit her for crutches." She said. Dan and Phil nodded. Dan helped me into a wheelchair so I could get crutches.

I finally found a pair after 15 minutes and tried them out. It's was kinda hard but I could do it. I went back to the hospital room using my crutches. "She's all set. Her leg should heal in about 5 months" the nurse said. Dan, Phil, Alfie, and Zoe all nodded. "Let's get you home" Dan said. I nodded. "We can drive you. " Zoe said. "That'd make things easier" Phil said. So we went to the car, Dan helping me. Once we got to the car Phil lifted me up allowing me to drop the crutches. He set me in the car and put the crutches in the trunk. I sat in between Dan and Phil. Once we arrived at the flat. Phil got out and got my crutches while Dan and Zoe helped me out of the car. "You okay?" Dan asked. I nodded and made my way to the door. Since I couldn't open it Alfie opened it. "Thanks Alfie." I said. I stopped. Stairs. "Uhh. Shit" I whispered. "Can you make it?" Dan asked. I shrugged. "Doesn't hurt to try" I said. I made my way to the stairs and slowly but carefully made my way up. Dan was right next to me and Phil behind me in case I fell. I made it with no help what so ever. "Ohmygod I did it" I said. "Nice going Iz!" Zoe said.

Time skip .

"What should we have for dinner? Your pick Iz" Phil said. "Uh Chinese?" I replied. "Sure. Tomorrow I'll go out and get food." Phil replied. He picked up the phone and ordered. "What should we watch on tv?" Dan asked picking up the remote. "Something on Netflix definitely. Maybe forensic files?" I suggested. "What's that?" Dan asked. "It's a crime type show. It's really good." I explained. "Okay then" Dan said. So we watched forensic files and ate Chinese food till about 11pm. "You should probably get to bed Iz. The doctor said you need some rest and to relieve some stress to help your head" Phil said. "Fine" I groaned. Phil helped me to my room. I changed into a night gown which I had to wear because it was easier with my leg. I set my crutches near my bed. Dan came in with Phil. "Night Iz" Dan said. "Night" I said. "Night. Call us if you need something" Phil said. I nodded. They left the room and I looked on my phone for a bit. Suddenly I got a text from Tyler Oakley.

T: hey I heard you broke a leg and cracked your head open. Are you okay?!

I: yeah. I have to use crutches for about 5 months or so

T: oh wow that fucking sucks.

I: I know right

T: doesn't your apartment have like stairs?

I: yeah but I can do them. Surprisingly.

T: that's cool

T: and convenient

I: haha yeah

T: What color is the cast?

I: dark blue

T: cuuute

I: yeah it matches the astatic of my room

I: but makes me look paler

I texted Tyler for a bit longer then checked twitter and stuff for a bit. Then I stopped looking at my phone and I fell asleep a short time afterwards.