"Please...I won't hurt you..."

"Lex! Leave her! We have to go right now!" Ashely yelled in a whisper.

"She's right! we have to go! right! fucking! now!" Adrian added as he made sure to be quiet. I looked to her again. How could I leave her? The girl was weak but it wasn't her fault... But then again...How could she keep up?

"We can't save her!" Elle added. "There's no point in trying to save her!" I bit my lip and nodded. I accepted it.

I slowly began to stand. "I'm sorry...I can't help you..." she tightened her grip on my arm the best she could.

"No...please...Alexander, don't leave me.." I stood fully and tilted my head.

"H-how...How do you know my name?" she crawled closer towards me.

"I can figure things out easily. I'm a fast learner...I could help you navigate the woods..." I tilted my head and watched her closely.

"T-the woods?"

"Yes...Please...I can only help you if you take me with you. I need your help and in return I'll help you..."

"...How do you know about the woods?"

"Lex! We have to leave!" as Ashley nagged me again, I sighed. I looked to the girl and shook my head.

"I'm sorry. I can't help you..." I then quickly walked towards the group.

"WAIT!" as she yelled I ran towards the group. I made it to the exit just in time. Adrian quickly began to speak.

"Okay, once I open this door a loud alarm is going to go off. As soon as it opens you all need to run as fast as you possibly can. Our goal is to get as far into the woods as quickly as possible. If you don't know where you're going or where you are, just follow the person in front of you. If nobody's in front of you, wait for everyone else to catch up or know where you're going. Is everyone ready?" they all agreed, yet I put up my hand in the slightest. I wasn't ready in the slightest.

I had no idea where we were going and I barely had any idea what we were doing. How could I possibly be ready?

"Wait...W-where are we going--"

"Okay everyone, GO!" Adrian yelled and opened the door. I gasped as everyone quickly began to run. I went to run also, yet I felt something grab my ankle again.

"Please! Don't leave me! I'll die! I don't want to die alone!" the girl yelled. I shook my head and began to pull my ankle away.

"I...understand...I...can't...help you!" she gasped as I stepped on her wrist and pulled my foot away. I began to breathe heavily. "I'm sorry..." I then shook my head and ran out the door, making sure to close the door behind me.

---

ACT TWO:SOCIOPATH

16 YEARS AGO

Alexander's Perspective

I shivered and began to look up at the trees. We were now deep in the woods, and while I didn't recognize the area the trees seemed very familiar. Despite this I felt anxious still. So many questions floated around in my head, my curiosity was about to kill me. Yet my biggest curiosity was why Adrian hadn't spoken once since we left. Then, when he spoke, my anxiety began to rise even more.

"You know, you really got us caught there..." I raised a eyebrow.

"W-who? Me?" Adrian looked at me and put his hand on my shoulder.