"He just is," she persisted. "What if I said that Severin is incredibly sweet and nice, would you agree with me?" She asked.

"He is sweet and nice, but he is also scary and cruel," I answered honestly.

"There might not be a third brother—"

"There isn't," I said.

"But then that means, that Severon is only nice to you, and not nice to me; he hates me. Great, now I can officially add Severon's name to the list of people who hate me; he will be number 74," Kelsey uttered.

"Kelsey, don't be stupid. Nobody hates you," I said.

"Yeah they do. Five of them said they hate me to my face," she said.

"Come on, Kels, nobody hates you, and why would they; you're incredible," I stated.

Kelsey laughed bitterly. "I'm crazy. And people are not very accepting of those who they think are different than them. Accepting people who are different is difficult, so people find it easier to tell me they hate me," she responded.

"Don't say that," I said.

"I have to go, I'll see you later. Maybe when I'll bring you lunch or dinner." Kelsey stood up to leave.

"Wait, why are you leaving?" I queried.

Kelsey's eyes went to the door. I followed her gaze to see Severon standing there. Giving me a small smile, Kelsey exited my room. Just as she reached the door, Severon halted her movements by grabbing onto her arm. He whispered something in her ear—I couldn't tell how Kelsey reacted to it because she was facing away from me—before letting her go, and sauntering in my room.

"Hello, star fish, how are you?" Severon asked, sitting down on the bed.

"I'm fine, how are you?" I really wanted to know how Severin was. As his brother, Severon could give me a more accurate description of my husband's mood.

"I'm great, thanks," he replied.

"How's Severin?" I asked hesitantly.

Severon eyebrows furrowed together as he thought about the best way to answer me. Just by that small gesture, I could tell whatever Severon told me might not be good.

"He's...angry." He finally said, searching my face for God knows what.

I breathed deeply before asking, "Why?"

"Because you haven't forgiven him. Not to mention the stunt you pulled when going behind his back and being in cahoots with his mortal enemy." Severon told me.

"He made me believe my sister was dead. He made me believe that he killed my sister, does he not see that?!" I nearly shouted.

"Look, he did what he did for a reason, which you can ask him about; but other than that, star fish, he's not only angry, he's hurt, a lot," Severon responded calmly.

"So I went behind his back in order to get revenge, so what? I bet he would've done the same thing," I said vehemently.

Severon shook his head. "You don't understand. You not only sided with the enemy, you broke his trust. And he's beating himself up about it, because when our parents died, Severin vowed never to trust anyone because he did not want to make the same mistakes our father made. But he trusted you—his wife, and you betrayed him."