Part 18

Part 18

"Okay, put these on," Severin instructed, handing me a pair of headphones.

Instantly putting the headphones on, I looked at Severin waiting for further instruction; which I did not have to wait long for as Severin immediately handed me a pair of goggles.

Severin and I were currently at the shooting range which was situated about a mile away from the mansion. The area where we were currently in was owned by Severin, and a whole lot of other area as well. I was surprised when Severin told me the amount of land he actually owned, and the amount of land he was planning to own in the future. After that piece of information, it was safe to say that Severin was planning to own the whole of Italy and was then going to go to USA to buy land there. Severin wasn't just content on being the Mafia leader of Florence, oh no, he wanted to be the Mafia leader of the entire world.

The shooting range was a vast piece of land with thick trees surrounding the green land. In the middle was the shooting range consisting of numerous targets in various colors, shapes and sizes, placed in various distance. There was a log cabin in one corner which consisted of all sorts of shooting gear. The variety of guns Severin owned made me wonder if he was involved in arms dealing. But even though the guns terrified me, they made me feel a strange thrill, and I was actually glad Severin owned such a wide variety of weapons, he was a true Mafia boss.

It had been a whole week since I told Severin I wanted to learn how to shoot. A week of having sex day and night, learning Italian, cooking, baking, gardening and painting. Now I was finally going to learn how to shoot. Another lesson had been added to my already considerably long list of lessons; a lesson Severin was only too happy to teach me.

In that week, apart from classes, Severin taught me about gun safety. Telling me again and again to keep the gun pointed away from me, and to make sure I did not shoot blindly. He showed me how to flick the safety off of different kinds of guns—guns that were nothing compared to the ones in the log cabin.

Once I had my protective gear on, Severin led me out of the log cabin towards the targets. Stopping in the middle of the clearing, Severin turned me so I was facing the targets, the rifle along with a couple of other guns in Severin's hand.

I never really pictured myself standing at a shooting range, but even then, I never thought that shooting ranges could be made in the open like this; whenever I saw a shooting range on TV it was always indoors.

"Why is the shooting range out in the open?" I asked Severin, curiosity getting the best of me.

"We have an indoor shooting range as well, but I decided to bring you here," he answered, although it was kind of difficult for me to hear because of the gigantic headphones covering my ears.

"Why?" The man had a reason for everything.

"Because over here we are alone, I can teach you without anyone interfering," he replied, positioning my head once again towards the targets.

Discarding all the other guns while handing me a small, silver gun, Severin held on to me from behind, he gripped my hands with his and raised it so that the gun was pointing at one of the targets, my fingers on the trigger.

The target was big, but kind of far away—far enough for me to believe that I would not be able to shoot it; but I was aboe to make out the details of the target. It was made of wood which had a blue painted background. The blue, however, was only visible around the corners, the center held a gigantic bulls eye. The outer ring of the eye was painted a sleek black, with a glossy red in the second ring and then yellow, then white, then a smaller black, and last but not least a small red circle in the center.