Part 29

Part 29

In my life I had been shocked only once. Not the regular kind of shock that lasted for a few minutes and left you confused, but the kind of shock that lasted for more than two months and felt as if your very soul had been frozen. That was the kind of shock I felt when I got to know about my parents' death. And once the shock of their sudden death dissipated I thought that nothing in life could leave me in such a terrible shock like their death did.

But boy was I wrong.

Right now, once again, I felt as if my soul had frozen as I stared at my sister who was on the floor. A sister I saw exploding in a shop; a sister I thought my captor had killed just to punish me. The sister, for whom I had shot a man who was like a brother to me only to extract revenge from his twin brother. Right there, seeing my sister in one piece and breathing, I was shocked once again.

"Y—Yo—You're al—alive?" I actually thought it was an illusion or maybe I was in a very sick, yet very real dream, but the bite of the chains on my skin told me I was very much awake, and my sister was very much alive.

"Alive and kicking." Kelsey grinned at me; she fucking grinned like there wasn't a ruthless and furious Mafia boss standing next to her. "Woah, what the hell happened to your face?!" Her eyes widened as she gazed at the tattoo on my face.

I did not answer her, instead focused my attention on Severin who was looking at Kelsey with murder in his eyes. If I had an inkling of what was going on behind those honey-colored pools, I knew that Severin was planning to kill my sister; and now it was time for me to beg; beg once again for my sister's life, and maybe, just maybe he might spare her.

"Portarla via e la sua preparazione," Severin commanded to his men, who did not waste a second to do his bidding. They grabbed Kelsey by the upper arm and dragged her away, paying no heed to Kelsey's threats and screams. (Take her away and prepare her)

A sadistic smile appeared on Severin's face as he walked to the adjacent wall of the one I was currently face. My eyes followed him trying to predict his movements. Severin stopped in front of the wall and pressed a button which I had no idea was present there; I did not see the button the last time I was here, and trust me I did thorough survery at that time.

Once Severin pressed the button, the wall slid to the side giving us a clear view of the cell next door. The two cells were now separated only by a sheet of glass. I could clearly see what was going on inside the cell and I did not like it, did not like it one bit.

Kelsey was tied up, hanging from the ceiling with her hands bound above her hands with leather cuffs. They had removed her clothes and she was left in her underwear. Though she was bound, her mouth wouldn't stop moving. She kept on firing one insult after the other at the men, but they ignored her, like she wasn't yelling around threatening to kill them.

Another man entered Kelsey's cell carrying various things that had my heart clenching in fear. Two baseball bats, two branding pokers with the symbol of a scorpion at the end, two leather whips, two knives and two guns. The man placed the items on the table then left the cell.

"Do you know what the items are for, jewel?" Severin asked me.

I stayed silent, not giving him an answer; neither verbal nor physical. I did not want to know what the items were for, I was afraid, so very afraid. If I wasn't bound to the chair I would've beaten those bloody goons with my bare hands, consequences be damned.

"Okay, I'll tell you anyway. I will have my men use all of those things on your sister. First, my men will whip her...let's say twenty times. Then I'll have my men break every single bone in her body by hitting her with a baseball bat. Then I'll have my men slice her skin until there is a pool of blood under her feet. After that I'll brand her skin with my poker, I will enjoy watching her skin sizzle." Severin stood in front of me. "And then I will have my men shoot her right here." He placed a finger where my heart was beating faster than a humming bird's wings.