Part 31

Part 31

I was fuming, literally fuming as Severin tugged me along to what would be our room. After he had kissed me and hoots and hollers erupted throughout the hall, Severin had taken a firm hold of my wrist and dragged me out of the hall.

"We are going to consummate our marraige now, kitten," Severin stated, as he stopped in front of a door. I didn't need anyone to tell me which room it was, because I already knew it was Severin's; I had been sleeping in this room for a few weeks now. However, I had no intention of consummating my marriage with a man who had lied to me about my sister and had her whipped. I just needed Severin to let go of my hand then I would make a run for it.

It was like God was listening to me today, becasue as soon as I had wished, Severin let go of my wrist and slipped his hand inside his pocket to remove the key. That was all I needed. Just as Severin's hand slipped inside his pocket, I turned and ran, ran like my life depended it on it. Behind me, I heard Severin yelling at me to stop and get back to him, but I did not pay heed to his words. I just ran and ran, which was not easy in the stupid wedding dress, but I did not give up and ran despite the dress hindering my running abilities.

Behind me, I could hear Severin closing in on me. I knew I didn't have much time until Severin caught up to me and dragged me back to his room. But it looked like luck was on my side, because I saw a door of a room ajar, and just as Severin caught up to me, I slipped inside the room and slammed the door shut. Quickly grabbing on the latch, I slipped it in place, then proceeded to put all the locks in the place, which were surprisingly a lot—five.

Once the locks were in place, I did not stop there. Spotting a chair which looked to be made of solid wood in one corner, I went towards it and dragged the chair to the door and placed the head of the chair under the door knob. As soon as the chair was in place, I let out of sigh of relief, but my relief was short lived.

I eyed the door with terror as it shook under the force of Severin's punches. I knew that if Severin managed to get the door opened—which he might because not only was he strong, it was also his house, his territory—he would either break the door down or use the key to open the door, I was at a disadvantage here. But I had no other option, there was no way out of this mansion—not for me anyway, as Severin's men were patrolling the grounds 24/7, so hiding in a room was the next best thing.

"Maril, open the door, right now!" Severin shouted from the other side.

"No." Was all I said.

"Open this door right now before I break it down," he threatened.

"I have used all five locks, plus I had slipped the top latch into place, your room keys nor your brute strength can break down this door," I stated, but my voice was dripping with doubt.

"Maril if you don't open this door right this very second, I swear I'm—"

"You're what?! Going to hurt my sister, well go ahead, that is all I expect you from you anyways, you monster!" I shouted. Anger flaring in me.

"Maril, we are going to consummate our marriage, and we are going to do it today, so be a good girl and open this damn door," Severin said, his voice firm.

"I don't want to consummate our marriage, not until you feel remorse for your actions." I told him, my voice equally firm.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about but we are going to consummate our marriage whether you like it or not," he replied.

"Really, you are going to rape your pregnant wife? That's low, even for you and that's saying something," I snapped.

Severin kicked the door a few times causing it to splinter, but thankfully it didn't break. Letting out an angry growl, Severin punched the door a few times before stopping his assault on the door.