Part 28

Part 28

They say what goes around comes around. They also say that everything comes full circle. Well they—whoever they were—were right; everything does indeed comes full circle at one point or the other. And right now, my life had come full circle.

It seemed like just yesterday Severin's goons had kidnapped Kelsey and I and I had been locked in a cell. And now, I once again found myself inside the same cell. The only difference was, instead of sitting on the cold floor while being chained, I was now sitting in a chair with my ankles and wrists chained to the arms and legs of the chair.

After Severin's goons had tackled me to the ground, four of them pinned me down while two of then tied my hands and ankles. It didn't take long for the men to bind me, since I showed no resistance. His men then carried me off while a few of Severin's men picked up Severon's body and followed after us.

Once inside the mansion, I was taken to the basement, back to my own cell where there was already a chair. The men weren't gentle when they deposited me on the chair and chained my wrists and ankles. They didn't spare me a glance when they left my cell leaving me in a chair to rot.

All I had to do now was wait for Severin to come. I was eighty percent sure that Severin was going to use his scorpions to either kill me or poison me. I hated those scorpions whose venom attacked the nervous system. My only source of comfort in this cold cell was the bracelet on my wrist. I glanced at the small kitten, glittering under the flourescent lights and smiled in sadness knowing that the only way I could have Severin was this bracelet.

Trying to ignore the growing ache in my heart, I looked around, the cold gray cell feeling familiar. This was the place where Severin had first terrified me into apologizing to him. This was the place where Severin had shown me the inhuman way my sister died. And now this was going to be the place where he would kill me. Maybe I would suggest Severin to name this cell after me once I died by his hands; I wondered if he was going to name a cell after a traitor.

Maybe if Severin—by some miracle—didn't kill me, I would ask him to turn this cell into my private santuary, but that was a long shot; I had a feeling that after today I should forget the word privacy. Now Severin letting me shower alone would be a miracle in itself. I just hoped he forgave me.

My eyes flitted to the cell door and I saw Severin's men patrolling the basement. The men were bulky, wearing the signature black outfits with black holsters attached to their waists holding various guns. All of them walked with their heads straight, not looking left nor right, like robots.

The guards were unable to hold my attention for more than a few seconds. The only person occupying my mind was Severin. I knew he would never forgive me, and would most likely torture me until my soul left my body, but that did not mean I didn't want to see him. I had no idea what time it was or how long I had been here, all I knew was that Severin was not here...and I wanted him here. I wanted to see the face of the man I love; I wanted to tell him that I love him and never want to live without him; and despite what I did, I didn't want to hurt him. Okay, that was a partial lie, I did want to hurt him, that was the reason I did all this, but that was before I fell in love with him; after that, I only wanted revenge—a life for a life, hurting Severin took a back seat once I realized how much that twisted man meant to me.

Just pray that he ends your life sooner rather than later. The man owns various varities of scorpions, and if he decides to turn you into a feast for his precious scorpions, well then you should be happy your sister died in a bomb blast. My subconscious was no help at times.

The strange thing was that I was not scared. I felt strangely calm as I waited for my judge, jury and executioner—Severin Aresco to arrive. My heart was content with the knowledge that if it stopped beating, it would be because of Severin. My mind on the other hand was already preparing to be buried or cremated. I could imagine my body laying on the pyre, fire licking my skin, the meat sizzling. And I could also imagine myself six feet under the Earth with worms and bugs feeding on my carcass. I didn't know which scenario repulsed me more.