Chapter 22

Scott couldn't believe this. He didn't want to believe this. He spent this whole time trying to get over her and now he might have to train her to be the very thing she was raised to kill. He kept pacing the room with Stiles and Malia there watching him.

"H-how is this possible?" Scott asked.

"There have been myths. Common way to be turned is being bitten obviously. There is also drinking rain water from the puddle where a werewolf's print has been left. But there is another way, if claws go deep enough when you get scratched you can turn too." Malia said listing the ways you an turn.

"So when Theo killed her, he scratched her deep enough to turn her into a werewolf." Stiles said finishing the story.

Scott nodded and kept pacing. Usually Stiles was the one pacing and freaking out. It was weird being on the other side of things.

"I could catch her scent and find her." Malia said forgetting she wasn't a werecoyote anymore.

"Malia you don't have your powers anymore. You're human." Scott reminded her.

"Right." Malia said looking down.

"Actually I think we should get home because my dad gets off of work soon." Stiles said.

"Since when have you followed rules?" Malia asked in shock.

"Well tonight when he told us to go home he meant it." Stiles said.

"Fine we can go. But first thing tomorrow morning we will find her." Malia said with determination.

Scott was super quiet. He had nothing to say. Finally he rested his legs and sat down.

"Scott, I promise we'll find her and she'll be fine." Stiles said.

"Besides what happened to Kira? Wouldn't she like to know you're looking for your ex?" Malia asked.

"Kira's fine. We're taking a break. After everything we've been through we can't even look at eachother." Scott said fidgeting with his fingers.

"We'll be back here first thing tomorrow morning." Stiles said.

Scott nodded still have nothing to say.

Stiles intertwined his fingers with Malia's and they left Scott's house.

"Did we do the right thing?" Stiles asked not feeling great about what just happened.

"He should know." Malia said justifying their actions.

"I know but I feel like we destroyed him all over again." Stiles said with his hands on the steering wheel. He started the jeep and pulled out of the driveway. He was driving home.

"Wouldn't you want to know that if I died?" Malia asked.

"Of course." Stiles said without a doubt.

"We did the right thing Stiles." Malia said grabbing his hand.

Stiles looked at her.

"What would you do if I did die?" She asked curiously.

"I-i honestly don't know." Stiles said refusing to even think about that. "What would you do if I died?" Stiles asked.

"I don't think I could handle it. Especially now that I'm a full human." She said to him. "I think it would hurt twice as much because I love you so much." She said.

"Wait wh-what was that?" He asked now looking at her.

"What was what?" She asked confused.

"Y-you said you loved me. You never say that. And the last time you did is when we broke up." He said shocked.

"Well I didn't think I would have to tell you to know that I do." Malia said.

"You didn't. I love you too." He said smiling at her. He wasn't paying attention to the road. All he could see was Malia.

Malia was smiling with rosy cheeks.

Stiles saw two lights headed right for Malia. He couldn't get anything out of his mouth. When he could all that did come out was, "Mal-" She had no idea what was coming. She was smiling. She turned her head in the same direction as Stiles and all they saw was a white light.