Chapter 22 Reconsider

"Come on Kayson time to take a nap," I pick him up off of the ground. He cuddles into me and drop his new toy onto the ground. I take him up to my room and set him in the bed. I turn on the TV just in case he wakes up, I put him under the covers and take off his shoes. He grabs his teddy bear and falls asleep.

"Ding DONG!," I roll my eyes and close the door so he wont wake up. I answer the door and Brooklyn walk in here a mess.

"Oh girl did you wash your hair?, "

"Yeah and blow dried it that's all,"

"Come on girl," I run my fingers through her scalp and sit her down in my chair. I plug in my stove and get to work.

**

"Knock Knock!," I stop sewing her weave in and turn the music down. I walk to the door, and Miami walks in.

"Hey, " she hugs me. I hug back and walk back to Brooklyn. "Girl you do hair? Even better. Let me schedule an appointment," I smiled and finished sewing Brooklyn's hair.

Lamar: Wassup

I stop and look at the text smiling.

- hey

"Aw who are you texting?,"  Miami asks as I start flat ironing Brooklyn's hair.

"Nobody," I smile. "How do you want your hair again?,"

"Add some curls," I nod and start curling her hair.

"Okay so schedule me in for Sunday at 4,"

"Yeah that sounds good," I nod.

"Great I just need a sew in, "

"Just?," she looks at me. "Im just playing, Kayson is upstairs asleep," She nods and walks upstairs.

Lamar: wyd?

- doing my friends hair what about you

Lamar: nothing just thinking about you

- :)

"Alright honey your done," I say, she gets up and looks in the mirror.

"Thank you," she hugs me. "So much," she hands me 140, I walk her out. "Um I'll be back in 2 weeks,"

"Alright, bye," I close the door, Miami comes down stairs with Kayson in her arms asleep.

"Thank you for watching him,"

"Anytime, bye bye Kayson,"

"Bye auntie," he says  turning into Miami. I smile and walk them out as well.

"Ring!," I look at my phone and Lamar is calling.

"Hey," I say answering.

"Wassup,"

"You must really like me you calling me and texting me. I didn't think I was that cute," I say cleaning up. He laughs, which causes me to smile.

"You are more than cute though," I blush. "More like goddess," Never heard anybody call me a goddess.

"Thank you," I say.

"No need to thank me. You know I'd really like to take you out some time,"

"That sounds nice," I sit down.

"What do you like?,"

*****

Lamar and I talked for 4 hours straight, laughing. Getting to know each other.

"I didn't know we went to the same high school," I said laughing.

"Yeah we just never really talked to each other," he says. "Small world,"