Chapter 14 Try Again

"And then he left," I say telling my sister.

"What an ass, he needs to grow up," she says eating a carrot.

"No it was all me," I say dipping my carrot in ranch.

"Don't beat yourself up kid, he is trying to blame you for his problems," I wipe my tears and look up. "If you really really I mean really love him you would go over his house right now and tell him how  you feel, "

"Hes probably with Gloria or something, they can have each other, I got options,"

"What Cameron? You don't even like him, hes just another game piece in you game," She right, I don't have feelings for Cameron. "See,"

"Your right,"

"So get your ass up and  go over there," she says opening the blinds.

"No Harmony," I say laying down.

"Get up come on,"

"No,"

"Fine suit yourself," she says sitting back down. I did the right thing right?

***5 days later****

"Lets play Harmony and Richard's song," The DJ said at their wedding reception. I smiled and watches as Richard took her hand and danced. I grabbed my champagne and sipped on it lightly.

"Would you like to dance?," I turn around and August is smiling.

"Oh what are you doing here?," I asked.

"Your sister invited me," Harmony looks at me and smiles.

"Wow," I say.

"So would you like to dance?," he puts his hand out. I smile and take his hand as he leads me to the dance floor. "I missed you, seems like forever," He says as we dance along to the music.

"I didn't think you would come," I say as he spins me.

"Of course I would," He says pulling me back into him.

"You left me, there," I say not looking at him.

"I know Im sorry, don't you owe me an apology," I look at him crazy. "Yeah you do,"

"Im sorry, I told you that over and over,"

"That didn't mean shit to me, to be honest,"

"Alright! Lets get this party started," the DJ yelled. I let go of August and walked off the dance floor. I wanted to break down and let everything go.

"Melanie wait," he says trying to catch up with me. I walked to the elevator and pressed the button. "Melanie I was wrong, I shouldn't have said that. I just really didn't want to talk about that right now,"

"Then when?," In my voice you can hear me wanting to cry. "Huh?," Ding. I shake my head and walk inside the elevator. He gets in and stands there. I press the button to take me down, I really want to leave I- the elevator stops. "Really?," I say under my breath. I slump down and sit on the ground.

"You know Im sorry," he says. "I am Melanie," he sits next to me.

"August Im so sick and tired of forgiving, I just give up," I say looking at him.

"I feel the same,"

"Why cant we just be together without all the bullshit,"

"Because everybody wants to be us," he says like a girl. We laugh for a while. "I love you Melanie," he says in a serious tone.

"I love you too August," He leans in slowly and smashes his lips onto mine. Our lips together. Us showing how much we care for each other. I draw back at the lights turning back on and the elevator going back up. I smiled and looked back at him.

"Us?," he asks.

"Us," I say smiling.

*

"Thank you all for coming," I say letting the guest out. "Bye," I smile, August picks me up as I was handing out pictures. "August," I say smiling.

"You look really good tonight," he says.

"Thank you now please put me down," he sets me down. I fix my dress and hair. A couple walks by and I hand them a picture.

"Ugh this is boring, "

"Grow up," I say nudging him.

"Lets go home, I have strawberries and whipped cr-,"

"Hey Lelsie can you finish this?, "I say cutting him off and giving the photos to Leslie. I drag August out and laugh.

*****

"What do you want to do?," I ask him.

"I have to go to a quick meeting with Kristy," he says grabbing his keys.

"Okay just leave then,"  he laughs and leans down to kiss me. I kiss him back and smile. "Bye,"

"Bye," he closes the door. I sit there watching TV, bored.

Cameron: Hey :)

Answer it Melanie. Go ahead. Don't do it. What already happened with-

- hey haven't seen you in a while lets meet up somewhere :)

are these chapters too short?

more reads

more votes

more comments

 more SUGA!