9 // the event

Later that night| San Francisco | 3:46 AM

The four of them gathered in Stephen and Acacia's apartment. Dylan and Ayesha were both arrested shortly after the police arrived but first they were sent to the hospital because of the gun shots.

"I know that we have a lot of things to discuss regarding the company and other things. But I think you might want to stick around for this." Stephen announced, as he got down on one knee.  Acacia gasped meanwhile Klay and Draymond choked on their chips.

"Wardell..." Acacia spoke under her breathe, she only called him that whenever it was something important and right now she was at a loss for words.

"Acacia...I know it's too soon; but after all these months with you I realized I don't ever want to be without you. I saved you yesterday, tonight and I'll always save you. You complete me, you are the air that I breathe, the only light I've ever seen. To say I'm in love with you is an understatement. You're the love of my life and I think their is a reason you've entered my life. You've handled Ayesha very well and you've never asked for my wealth." Stephen spoke, tears falling down on his cheeks.

"Don't cry." Acacia mumbled, because seeing him so emotional made her cry as well.

"So...Acacia Miller will you marry me?"  Stephen asked, as he revealed the ring. It was an emerald encrusted gold ring. Acacia gasped as she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Oh shit."Draymond muttered.

"YES I will marry you," Acacia stated, as Stephen slid the ring onto her finger. Acacia smiled as she connected her lips with Stephen's. "I'm so happy." Acacia continued as they hugged one another.

"Goals!" Klay muttered with some enthusiasm. The couple glanced over at their friend who ate most of the chips that were in the bag.

"LETS CELEBRATE." Draymond exclaimed, as he grabbed some bottles of Hennessy out of the fridge.

San Francisco | 10:30 Pm

It seemed as everyone was battling a major hangover as nobody seemed to focus. Stephen was alright, because he had plenty of water before this workday. His fiancé was doing well because she refused to drink alcohol earlier this morning.

On the other hand, Draymond and Klay were completely drunk. Unfortunately, for Stephen nobody could fill in for Draymond and everyone expected Klay to be at the event tonight.

"ANDRE!" Stephen heard the fans chant, he sighed as he adjusted his suit. The club was packed tonight and everyone was waiting for the arrival of Andre iguodala.

"Steph? Baby calm down everything will be fine." The woman reassured him, as she rubbed small circles on his back. Stephen needed as much support as he could get, especially coming from his fiancé.

"Hey Stephen it's a pleasure to meet you." Andre stated; as he held his hand out for the man to shake. Acacia stood behind Stephen's frame like a nervous wreck. She had watched Andre dominant with the Warriors and she couldn't believe he was right in front of her.

"This is my fiancé Acacia." Stephen introduced. The words fiancé made the both of them feel complete and successful. It was a feeling that reassured them that they wouldn't be alone.

"Hey Acacia." Andre greeted, Acacia cautiously shook his hand as she plastered as smile on his face. 

Stephen spotted Draymond trying to pull of the elevator buttons of the wall. "Excuse me...um I forget my phone." Stephen coughed, as he rushed over to Draymond's side.

"Heyy Steph." Draymond slurred, as he stepped on a rock falling into Stephen's arms. Stephen groaned as pt Draymond back onto his feet.

With a big event like this going on in the city, many people were bound to sneak in and Andre specifically asked for a private party bash. Stephen needed a head of security and he needed it NOW.

"Go home Draymond. I have this covered." Stephen muttered, as he browsed through the contacts on his phone.

Their was only one man that he knew he could trust with this job, one man who would do anything to be here, and one man who would certainly help. Dell curry.

"Dad I'm sorry to bother you on your night in the city with mom." Stephen sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "I need you to cover for one of my employees for this one night. We celebrated last night and he got out of control." Stephen stated.

Dell sighed over the line, "Sure son I'm actually around the corner from there so I'll make my way there." Dell replied.

"ANDRE! ANDRE! ANDRE!" Klay exclaimed though the microphone, as everyone spotted the Warriors Small forward. Everyone screamed in excitement including Klay who had seemed to sober up.

"Everything is going pretty well." Acacia spoke, as she hugged her fiancé. Stephen nodded as he snuggled into her chest wanting to get this night over with.

"I just want to sleep." Stephen muttered.

"Wardell...I'm here what do you want me to do?" Dell interjected, as he watched his son hug his fiancé. Stephen told his father about his engagement last night when he called him to give him the news on Acacia. Everyone approved.

"I need you to watch the main elevator just in case anyone tries to sneak in." Stephen instructed, Dell nodded doing as what he was told. Whenever Dell was offered an opportunity to help his children he always accepted because he just loved being apart of their lives.

"Security is secure now and Klay is sober. All good things and I legitimately think that this party is going to be successful." Stephen stated, as he wrapped his arms around Acacia.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDRE! MY MAN DAMN YOU TURNING THE BIG 32." Yelled Klay, as the crowd got fired up.  Draymond walked onto the stage still drunk as he fired up some dance moves of his own. Everyone laughed as they started video recording this.

"DRAYMOND!" Stephen yelled angrily.

"THIS PARTY IS LIT!" Andre yelled, with excitement in his voice as he joined Draymond with some badass moves.

A/N:

i can't believe this book is almost finished *cries* but the story is now laid back with dylan and ayesha in jail.

no more appearances from the crazy ex-wife.