4 // old flame

( c h a p t e r f o u r: o l d f l a m e)

  After recent events, the woman found herself scrolling through her Twitter feed. Wardell had bought her a new phone just yesterday, it was unexpected, but she accepted it. The man had been so kind to her ever since she had met him. One day, she hoped she could repay him for his generosity.

"Draymond Green." The woman spoke to herself, as she scrolled down her former lovers Twitter feed. She read on as he was arrested for  DUI and was involved in a shooting.  Acacia knew Draymond was not a bad man. He was just a lost man. Ever since, he lost his Acacia he tried to fill the void.

     Acacia was tired of reading various reports of her old flame so she decided to go down to the kitchen where Wardell and Klay were watching an NBA game. 

"Hey princess. How you doing?" Klay asked, eyeing the woman. 

"Uh uh boy I ain't your princess and you best know that." Acacia scoffed, rummaging through the drawers in hopes of finding her veggie chips that she bought last week.

"Wardell did you eat my veggie chips?" Acacia asked, Wardell furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. After being focused on the game, he hadn't expected the woman to make a conversation with him.

"No, I don't like veggie chips. I like my potato chips." Wardell stated.

     Acacia heard a crunch coming from the couch, she quickly ran over to them. Their he was, Klay Thompson eating chips that belonged to Acacia.

"Klay! those are my favorite. Please at least share." The woman whined,  Klay disobeyed the woman's wishes.  At that moment, someone busted through the door and was holding a gun.

"Shit!" Wardell yelled, falling onto the floor along side Klay.  Acacia stood tall, not flinching, no hesitation and no fear. That only made Wardell admire her even more.  While he was a coward, Acacia showed him that she didn't need a man to stand tall.

"Draymond what the hell are you doing here?" Acacia asked,  stepping closer to the man.

"I heard you've been out of the business, what's wrong with you? we made a pact to make as much money as possible and start a company."  Draymond explained.

"Draymond look, drugs is not my business any more.  I don't want to start a company off of drugs. Plus I wasn't beneficial anyways I wasn't bringing in profits. Men were pulling me down to the ground. I was a fool thinking I could pull all that off."  Acacia stated.

"I am so happy that you are alive and well." Draymond commented, brushing his fingers through her hair.

"The feeling is mutual. Next time you come visit: don't break the door and bring a gun with you it really scares people." Acacia chuckled, engulfing her friend in a hug.

"I'll try not too. Anyways who's place is this?" Draymond questioned.

"It's my friends' and boss. This is Wardell and this is my co-worker Klay." Acacia introduced, Wardell and Klay were very hesitant and frightened to introduce themselves.

"Nice to meet you Draymond." Wardell greeted, attempting to impress him with his suit.

/ $ / $ / $ /

/ this chapter was a filler chapter. I was just trying to introduce Draymond into the book because he honestly makes my books 100 times better. Next chapter will include more drama. /