Too late to stop a war

Beginne am Anfang

"Just hand me Cassidy, and I'll give you back Alexandra with a beating heart."

"Over my dead body."

"Your daughter will be delivered to you in a small box with a bow on top of it."

That was it. With a loud growl all my wolves attacked. I went straight to her, but just like air she vanished. So did her rogues. Leaving us all astonished. Frozen on the spot.

"Jules wake up!!" My eyes shot open coming face to face with my husband's brown pools.

"She got inside my dreams Marcus, the war will be in two days. Alex is being tortured." My tears began to fall endlessly. My husband holding me tight in his arms. My daughter was alone and I couldn't get to her.

Alex's POV

"Get up!" I heard from afar. It's been days already since I've been held here. A bucket of hot water was thrown at me making me growl, holding back the scream that wanted to come out. My body was full of cuts. She took care of deliviring the day before. My system wasn't healing anymore thanks to the injections. I felt almost like a normal human, being punished.

"Sorry did that sting?" If only looks could kill. I was already bleeding out. painfully slow. I haven't made any progress with Duncan. Mostly because since he announced the date of the war he hasn't come back.

"What do you want?" I asked barely being able to see her. Since my right eye was too swollen. Thanks to her delicate punches. If it wasn't her it was her little mascots.

"Jules seemed a bit angry when we spoke." That surely caught my attention.

"So sad Alex, she's losing her mind. How will she be able to even face me?"

"Better be careful Rydelle. Jules isn't the only one that wants your corpse." She smirked. Her cold hand touching my stomach. Her thumb made contact with one of my wounds. Slowly she began to enter the wound. Making a lot of blood come out. I couldn't hold back this time. My wolf was squealing and I was screaming. Holding tightly to the chains. Wishing that somehow it would ease my pain. She took out her thumb with a victory smile. For the first time I saw her eyes glow. It was a very unique colour. They reminded me of an eclipse. Taking her finger to her mouth she tasted my blood.

"I can almost taste your defeat Halsey." With that being said she walked away leaving me alone again.

I was going to die here. Worst part, Cassie won't even remember my name.

Has it ever bother you feeling so close to something but actually being really far away from it? Feeling how you almost had it but sadly it slipped away and you lost it? That's how I was feeling. If you asked me a month ago did I believe we would win, yes a hundred percent sure. Now though. I question about everything. I had forgotten how to have anxiety feels like. It's like you have a hundred thoughts at once. You feel like your chest will blow up and maybe that's what you wish actually happen. Because then you wouldn't think anymore. I felt lost, insecure, alone and heartbroken. It was scary imagining that I had fought so hard for something I believed in and then everything ending terribly wrong. All these voices inside my head telling me I wasn't what my pack needed. They needed a better, smarter leader. Cassidy deserved a better lover. I felt like I had let them all down. That's what hurt me mostly. Cause after all I was just a teenager trying to lift everyone's weight off their shoulders. Every thing, every thought. Was just too exhausting.

It was already night time. The small window at my left allowed me to see the beautiful moon reflecting upon us. For the first time in a while I began to cry. I needed a way to let out my asphyxiating feelings.

"Alex." I didn't look up. He didn't need to see how broken I was. Seeing I wasn't going to respond. Ducan only came closer with a soaked cloath. He began to wipe my sweat and blood off my body.

"You remind me of myself when I was a tad younger." He continued once he got no response from me.

"I was so desperately trying to save others, I forgot what being myself was. Kinda just let the wind carry away who I was. Caring consumed me, it blinded me. Now that I see what I've done it's too late. I created a monster. Never really did much to stop her." He sighed deeply now wiping my stomach.

"Just hold on. I'll take care of what is left." I didn't bother to speak. Mainly because I was too damn exhausted. My nerves increase by the passing second. Tomorrow will be the day where death will reign, creating a pathway for us to walk upon. It was no longer in my control who was going to live and who was going to die. You walk into war with close friends, calling them family because of all the love you exchange and because how they are fighting with you for what you believe in. Unnecesary wars, deaths, losts. Will we be able to recover from this when we win?

****

"Cassidy, love..." No sounds just the one darkness is able to create. I kneeled on the cold hard ground not being able to take this pain any further. Sobs loud sobs began to echo, my painful growls hurting my own eardrums.

"Please!, just please make it all stop! I cried loudly. I couldn't handle anymore. I was broken and alone.

"Alexandra." I heard her voice near me. Perhaps this was just a creation of my own need.

"Just lift my pain away Cassidy please... I need you to come back just waa-ke up.. p-lease!"

"Baby our fight is not yet over... I wish I could come to your rescue but I can't. My body is paralyzed. Alex don't give up. You have come so far already. We need you."

"I- I can't, my fight has ended. You will forget me, you will wake up in the arms of another. I won't be able to see you dress in white walking down the aisle. I won't be able to see you raise our children. There will be no longer an us, I will be gone and you will be happy being someone elses love."

"Your fight is not yet over. I am still waiting for you my love. It doesn't matter what Rydelle does. My heart shall forever be yours. Remember what you did to me. I can never be someone elses that is not you. My body, heart and soul have your mark on it. Just remember Alex and come back."

After all this time I felt her lips on mine. Even in the depths of darkness I could still feel her. Our lips moving in sync, slightly tasting my salty tears. Her hands cupping my face with need. This was the reason, she was the reason. My heart wanted to explode. It was finally home. A reminder that I still had a place to get to.

Cassidy Scott is my woman and I'll be damned if I let Rydelle have her.

I'm coming for you witch, and you better be prepared to kneel before me...

To be continued....

A.N>> Super short chapter not that exciting but I promise that the next one will be one hell of a chapter or so I hope. It might take a little while considering I started Uni and it's so hard -.- only like three or two chapters left. Be prepared, I might do something wicked XD