Chapter 15 - Prom Part 1

Kirstin stumbled into the room with a pile of plastic bags and heaved them down on the bed, her hair laid like second skin on my cheeks, looking like as if she'd been caught in a hurricane. We had decided to get ready together for prom since I had a vague idea about makeup, and Kirstin, as she called herself, was a pro. Apparently she had brought over all her makeup kits and accessories over to my house as I definitely didn't have everything she needed.

She huffed as she joined the bags on the bed, catching her breath.

"Did you come running towards my house or something?" I asked.

"Heck yeah, we'd be late otherwise."

"No, we still have four hours left!"

"The makeup will itself take that long," she deadpanned and started chuckling as my jaws fell to my knees. She knew how much I hated lengthy makeover sessions. "Just kidding. We'll be done in an hour or so. Let's take shower first."

I took muesli as brunch while Kirstin's strawberry flavored shower gel spread its aroma throughout my room and watched Pretty Little Liars for sometime. Must I say that I was ecstatic over the fact that Dustin was my date? A smile couldn't help but curve my lips.

After Kirstin was done, she blow dried her hair and showed me how it's done. I followed her steps and ended up with a haphazard muddle of hair, Kirstin had to straighten it with flat iron to make sure it looked orderly. She then got into her clothes which we had bought the day we got chased, applied a fuchsia lipstick, and styled her hair.

Kirstin's outfit

She then moved onto me. I had bought a simple white flare dress which fell into my budget but I could see her shaking at her head at the outfit.

"Oh, when I came in, Sean handed me this bag saying some guy friend of yours had dropped it. He was just too lazy to walk upstairs and give it to you."

She pulled out the contents of a shiny black bag and I could feel anticipation chilling me at instant. And then I was knocked for six. It was a really beautiful dress of a suave navy blue color, looking really classy. The note clipped to it read "From Dustin. You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give. - Eleanor Roosevelt"

I could hear Kirstin's flummoxed gasp before mine.

"Ohmigod, I love this! Is this the same Dustin guy?"

I nodded, overcome with emotions, looking in wonder at the dress in front of me.

"You lucky bitch!"

***

Anastasia's outfit