Chapter 8

Training the next morning was unentertaining since Adrianna and Cristiano were avoiding contact with each other as much as possible. Coach Rivera didn't like that his two star players on Reina de Madrid, weren't working together as usual and had horrible teamwork. "What the hell is going on between you two? You're like zombies, but strangers— Zombie strangers!" Despite the fact that Rivera enjoyed their seriousness, he still felt like something was missing from the team.

"Come on guys, you can't ignore each other forever!" Coach Maria hollered from across the field. The two coaches watched their team scrimmage against the substitutes. However, to make it fair, Coach Rivera split the starting eleven in half; both halves were put on separate teams that included substitutes. Coach Rivera intentionally put Adrianna up against Cristiano to see if the rumors about Adrianna being better than Cristiano were true.

"I think LaMarte's going to piss Ronaldo off big time!" Rivera whispered-shouted to Maria. Figuring out who's good at what and who's better than whom is their job, and by scrimmaging the starting eleven against one another the special ones can really stick out. "Ever since seventeen met seven they've been improving each other and striving to be better than the other."

"Sí, but Ronaldo is Ronaldo, a two time Ballon d'Or recipient. What does LaMarte have that's better than that?" Rivera sincerely asked knowing that Adrianna has spoken out about women's rights in football plenty of times. She always says that's she's a good football player, but never receives the respect she deserves because of her gender; because she doesn't have a penis and her boobs grow.

"De Lucille LaMarte has the internet on her side. Millions of fans supporting her by simply clicking on a video." Maria blew the whistle for the scrimmage to begin. Cristiano is left-wing while Adrianna is center-mid, they're both playing their favorite and best positions. "Watch seventeen; people say midfielders shouldn't score but, those are the ones that haven't seen Adrianna."

"I'll agree with you on that, and you'll agree with me on how I think this game'll turn out." Rivera gnawed on his pen as he watched the ball get passed to Adrianna two minutes after the twenty-five minute half started. She sprinted down the field, knocking over everyone that got in her until the defense completely blocked the goal and stole the ball away. "Captain versus co-captain is messy." Adrianna's fellow Fémina, Jasmine Grace, pass the ball up to Cristiano.

Anna sprinted back down the field to catch up to him after Cristiano broke a midfielder's ankles. When she finally caught up to him, there's was nothing she could do except side tackle him and hope for the best output. "She's aware of his injured left knee, right?" Maria asked Rivera after witnessing Adrianna ruthlessly take out Cristiano. Coach Rivera shrugged as he tried to remember asking Anna what she knew about Cris.

'Well damn, I can't remember.' He though and mentally crossed his arms over his chest.

Back on the field, Adrianna and Cristiano were fighting over the ball like when they first met a year ago. The only difference between then and now is that Adrianna's teammates are way more reliable. However, most of the players were men that undermined the women, and Adrianna was and still is willing to show them that women can be just as good as men. "Anna, you smell fresh today." Cristiano randomly  mumbled.

"Ronnie, you smell and look like you put deodorant on this morning, nice job!" Anna teased about the puddles of sweat he would sometimes get under his arms in public, especially in good outfits. Cristiano couldn't hold back his laughter as he shove his best friend out of the way. He passed the ball to Isaac Araya, the center-forward substitute whose hair is naturally fabulous. "We good now?" Adrianna held her hand out as a peaceful gesture.

Cristiano looked at her hand then back at her. "I never liked ignoring you in the first place." He pushed Anna's hand to the side and instead joyfully lifted her up to the sky then spun around. When her feet met the ground, Adrianna's arms wrapped around Cristiano's torso and hugged him tightly. He patted her head like usual, "I guess you don't like it either." Anna frantically shook her head and murmured.

"Hey, you two love birds! GET THE HELL BACK TO WORK!!" Coach Rivera screamed from the sideline and made Cristianna flinch. "Did I stutter or are your ears just dirty as fuck? Let me repeat what I just demanded from you two imbeciles: G—" Maria covered his mouth before he could blow her eardrums out again.

"Let me do this." Maria turned and dangerously eyed Cristianna. "GET THE HELL BACK TO WORK YOU USELESS BASTARDS!!" This time the two lovers correctly responded and quickly separated from each other. The ball was at the middle of the pitch, then at Adrianna's feet. Realizing Cristiano was right behind her and had defensive skills from playing with Manchester United, Anna dashed down the field but was soon tripped by a jealous substitute.

"You're so ugly, I don't even understand why Cristiano is with you instead of me." Daniella Bianchi pouted as she walked away from the co-captain. A whistle came from Maria and the game was called short because the coaches had seen enough from the substitutes.

"Bianchi, what the fuck! That's was hella disrespectful for you to assume that I'm dating Cristiano when everybody knows that he's with Irina Shayk." Adrianna stood up and pulled the blonde back by the wrist. "You don't sabotage your teammates, ever!" Daniella removed her hand from her grasp and walked toward the coaches. She flirtatiously waved to Cristiano and added a shitty wink when their eyes met; of course Cris took it the wrong way because he's addicted to sex.

"You alright?" CR7 dusted the grass off Anna's butt like the pervert he is. LaMarte nodded then playfully kicked his unsurprisingly muscular ass. "No no no. I grope your ass, you don't grope mine." He waved a finger in front of her face, the same finger Adrianna pulled when they went out together for the first time. It was nice even though it was filled with the scent of sharpie from all the objects they both had signed for their fans.

"Cristianna get your fine booties over here!" Coach Rivera angrily shouted from the sidelines, looks like he's in a good mood now that they're not awkward around each other like before. As they were heading towards their teammates, Cristiano felt compelled to pick Adrianna up and carry her bridal style to their nearby destination. "By the way, I'll be attending your wedding just for the food." Rivera teased along with Maria and a couple of teammates that also thought Cristiano and Adrianna were going to tie the knot sooner or later.

As the coaches explained what the team was doing next, Cris and Anna unintentionally ignored them because they were too busy lovingly gazing into the other's eyes. Adrianna's arms tightened around Ronaldo's neck as she slightly pulled him closer. The hands lifting her up curled in but their eyes never moved from their position. "Marry me." Cristiano quietly whispered to Adrianna.

"Get your shit together first."
__________
Pew pew pew, I'm a firework!
_ つ━☆゚. * 。゚

I hope you enjoyed Chapter 8!