"Did I come in on a Saturday?"

My feet slapped the wet pavement as I ran. I left a sleeping Lilly early this morning. With a plate of eggs on the stove and a sticky note on her door, I left her house, trying to make it home before anyone found out I was gone. I grinned as I ran, memories of the previous hours flooding my mind again. I could still hear her 'I love you' and I could still feel the warmth of her hand wrapped firmly around mine.

I reached my house just as the beams of light were peaking over the treetops. I spotted my dad's car parked clumsily in the driveway with the wheel driven over the front lawn, missing the sprinkler by an inch. I rolled my eyes, wondering what idiot bartender would let him drive while he was so clearly drunk.

I ran up the cobblestone path to my front door. I took a deep breath, fishing my keys from my pocket. I carefully opened the door, flinching as a faint squeak echoed throughout the house. I paused, waiting to hear some movement or the sound of my mother's booming voice filling the house. When nothing came, I resumed sneaking through the front door and into the house. I sighed, softly closing the front door and running up the stairs two steps at a time.

I reached my room. Taking a sigh of relief after the door was closed tightly behind me. I looked around at the disarray room. The sheets were a mess on my bed and the digital clock flashed 6:00 in big bold letters.

I sat down on my bed, sinking into the mattress. I closed my eyes, leaning backwards as I fell against the mattress.

I remembered last night with a smile on my face. I remembered Lilly's smile and her fingers running against my leg. I could still smell the perfume that lingered in the air and the taste of the ice cream I did eventually get. I remembered the tears too, although I wish I didn't. I didn't remember falling asleep but I remembered waking up on the floor with Lilly tucked firmly into my side.

I opened my eyes, turning to face my unopened school bag sitting on the floor. I sighed, rubbing a fist against my tired eyes. Maybe if I just pretend that school didn't exist, it wouldn't come. I closed my eyes as I buried my face deeper into the comforter, deciding that missing one day of school wouldn't be so horrible compared to the thirty days I missed last year.

Just as my previous adrenaline drained from my body and I felt the sleep take over, I thought of Lilly.

Then I thought of Brad and his deceitful smile. And then I thought of Brad approaching Lilly without me by her side.

I groaned, forcing my heavy body into a sitting position. I blinked, finally dragging my body to the bathroom door.

I swung my school bag over my shoulder while stuffing half a buttered toast into my mouth. I ran to the door, grabbing my keys from its hook and shouting a muffled goodbye to my parents. I practically flew down the steps and busted my way into the garage. I threw my bag in the passenger seat, started the car, and put on my seatbelt all with a piece of toast hanging from my mouth. I checked the time on the dashboard. I smiled, knowing that at this rate I would make it to school before Lilly.

I pulled into the school parking lot. My eyebrows knitted together as I looked around at the empty parking lot that would usually be overfilling with high school students. I pulled into my usual spot, looking around hoping to find someone. I scratched my head in confusion.

"Did I come in on a Saturday?" I mumbled to myself.

I shrugged, grabbing my bag and making my way to the entrance of the school. I stopped in front of the doors, finally hearing the chatter of people from inside. I pulled open the door, only to run straight into someone's back. I groaned, trying to peak over the heads of the entire student body that had for some reason crowded the hallways.