Chapter twenty-two

Start from the beginning

I start walking to the edge of the pool when someone speaks.

"Those shorts are really short you know." And before I could come up with a sarcastic reply he picks me up and jumps into the pool, still holding me.

When I resurface I instantly start looking around for him.

He comes up to the surface just inches from my face.

"Ha. I got you wet." He says before smirking and I roll my eyes at him.

"I can't believe you just did that." I say wiping the water from my face, hoping my makeup wasn't running down my face.

"You deserved it, for not letting me explain what happened." He says.

"I have every right to be pissed off at you Draco." I say to him and he nods.

"Yes you do but I expected you to let me explain before completing getting pissed off." He responds and I feel myself getting angry. "And then you sent your filthy Weasley off on me and got us both kicked out of the dance." He says and I look at him.

I didn't know George said something to him, and I definitely didn't know they got kicked out.

"Well sorry I had to ruin your night." I say beginning to walk towards the edge to get out of the pool.

"You didn't ruin anything. You made it a whole lot better, if anything." He responds.

Before I could say anything he grabs my hand and turns me to face him.

"I want to be completely honest with you Elizabeth. At first, that bet was just a bet. I had eyes for Blaise's girlfriend. He said that if I could shag you, then he would break up with his girlfriend. I figured I could get you to that point but as I grew closer to you I couldn't see myself doing that to you. I had started to actually care for you and the next thing I knew, I was falling for you. I was going to tell you, but I knew that if I did, you wouldn't talk to me ever again. I really am sorry for what I did and if you trust me, I will never do anything like it again." He says as I feel my stomach start to flip.

I had said that nothing he said would be able to make me forgive him but with that, I did.

He steps closer to me and puts his hands on my waist.

He leans down and before I know what I'm doing I put my arms around his neck and pull his lips to mine.

There was the familiar fire that I had only got to experience two times before.

I feel by lower back hit the edge of the pool and I wrap my legs around his waist.

Before I knew what was happening we were both out of the water.

I feel the cold of the house hit me and as I pull back Draco looks up at me, his eyes meeting mine before he sits me back down on the wooden floor.

May walks up to us and hands us two towels. I wrap myself up and look back to Draco. He walks up to me and engulfs me into his arms.

He was surprisingly warm considering we just came out of a cold pool, and then walked into a cold house.

I pull back from him and meet his gray eyes.

"I should go change." I say and he nods. I turn and walk up the stairs.

I hear him following after me, I walk into my room and close the door quietly.

I jump into the shower, washing my hair and then quickly getting out.

I dry my hair before putting on fresh clothes and reapply a little makeup.

I walk out of my room, debating on whether or not I should talk to Draco.

I walk over to his door and knock twice. He opens the door and smiles at me.

"I figured I'd see what your room looks like." I say trying to make up a reason that I was here.

He motions for me to walk in before closing the door behind me.

"It's a lot lighter then I thought it'd be." I tell him. "I figured there would be skulls and snakes everywhere." I say and he laughs.

"No mum made me take down all of the dark magic stuff a long time ago." He says and I laugh not knowing if he is serious or not.

I turn to face him and he is already inches from me.

"You have a nice smile." He says and before I can respond he has his lips on mine.

He deepens the kiss and I bring my arms around his neck.

I feel him pick me off the floor and lay me onto his bed.

His lips not leaving mine, he crawls over me and plants his arms on both sides of my shoulders.

His lips leave mine and he begins to trail his lips from my lips to my jaw, and then to my neck.

I gasp as he begins kissing my neck. I realized then where this is going to lead if I don't stop him.

My mind goes to George.

"Draco" I whisper putting my hands on his chest, pushing lightly. He takes his lips off my neck.

I breathe in because it feels cold where his lips were.

"Draco I can't do this." I say looking at him and his eyes fill with hurt.

He gets off the bed, walking away from me as I sit up.

"Let me guess. You're dating George?" He laughs turning to look at me.

"Y-yes." I say and then I finally understand what he meant by George being a distraction from Draco.

Of course, that isn't what George is but it probably looks that way from Draco's end.

I slowly get off his bed and make my way to his door, before opening it and leaving his room.