Casper sat where Darla had, just on the concrete floor a little away from the large dips where people actually could run down it and not kill themselves, even look fucking impressive whereas Casper would literally put himself in a coma for the rest of his life.

The skate park had been a gift from the local council to our "youths" a few years back. It had been an idea to get kids off the street and all in all it worked, a lot of people used it and more were taking up skateboarding all the time, or so he heard. The problems that were happening before with so called youths had mostly stopped on the streets but now all happened here instead as the customers and helpers all swarmed this place like bees to honey. Casper supposed there was never any good without the bad.

He watched as Darla squealed on the board and clutching at Daniel as Casper was just before but Darla pulled Daniel in ever closer and made herself put all her weight onto him, acting absolutely hopeless and seriously clumsy. At least Casper could actually hold the board in place even if he was using Daniel as a support most of the time. All the time. Darla was making it skid this way and that.

When Darla once again fell back into Daniel's arms, she gave a laugh at herself looking up at him while still around his waist. Daniel blushed deeply.

Ahh, Casper thought, that's why.

Once again Darla was using her magic to break another ones heart. Casper would stop it before it got too far but for now he let Daniel have the attention and Darla have her fun. He watched as they totally forgot about him, until Darla ended up getting bored of the facade and going for a more levelled tactic by getting so miraculously good on the board that she couldn't just balance on it or go in a straight line but now she literally skated circles around Daniel and praised him for his teaching skills and batting her eyelashes without mercy at him. Conniving little shit.

He had to admit it though, the girl has game.

Just then his phone rang. He fished it out of his pocket and checked caller ID. It wasn't a number saved to his contact or one he recognised. Curiously he answered.

"Hello."

"Erm... Casper?" came a family voice. Casper's heart leaped and he forgot how to breathe for a second.

"Uh yeah."

"Oh thank god," James sighed in relief." For a minute there I thought it wasn't you. You can never trust Logan to give to the right number first time."

Casper didn't trust Logan with his left shoe never mind giving him a number.

"So...em what did you call for?"

"Oh, well. I realised when you left last night that I didn't have your number and you didn't have mine so I figured I'd just get it off Logan but turns out he took an early night in so I didn't get it until now when I woke up. Then I thought why not call now?" James said hurriedly.

Casper laughed. James' voice through the phone was weird.

"At least someone sounds like they had a good long sleep."

"Why? Where are you?" James had obviously picked up on the back ground noise of plastic on concrete and the sound of rowdy teenagers. Casper didn't understand why people were here so early. It couldn't even be twelve yet.

"Daniel dragged me out of bed and too the skate park to hang out and teach me how to skate."

He heard a grumble of James' end. Casper realised that he hadn't asked James why he was horrible to Daniel the night before when they talked and he was more collected. It was a bad idea to ask now so he left it.