thirty-three

Sitting in English was weird enough as it was for me. I still wasn't on speaking terms with Hemmings but Alex was still trying to get near me all the time. I didn't have any intentions on getting back together with him but I was certainly going to milk all of his attention into making Hemmings see what he was missing.

All throughout English, Alex kept leaning over and making comments to me from where he was sitting next to me and I would of course giggle at them. Surprisingly, I knew Hemmings was aware of it and I knew he was angry about it but he didn't give me detention even once throughout the entire thing.

As I was getting up to leave after he dismissed the class, he said "Daisy, please stay after. I need to discuss something with you."

I stopped in my tracks, letting Alex go ahead as well as Eleanor, who looked at me questioningly. I shook my head, knowing what she was thinking and informing her silently that I was not about to get laid.

I stood staring at him for a moment as the rest of the students filed out of the classroom. I could tell he was angry. When the last student left the room, he stared back at me without saying anything for a moment, then walked to the door and closed and locked it.

He was definitely angry. I had no idea what I had coming from him, and didn't know what I was expecting when he sighed, took my face in his hands and leaned his forehead against mine. After a few minutes like this, he pulled away from me. "I have an idea."

"I'm listening," I placed my hands in my lap and waited for his idea.

"I think we should keep this same system we have," he said. "But instead of having sex, I think we should talk to each other. We should get to know each other aside from the physical aspect of our relationship or whatever it is that we have."

"Okay," I nodded. "What does this mean?"

"I don't know yet," he said, rubbing the back of his neck and starting to pace. "I don't want to ask you to be my girlfriend yet if I know absolutely nothing about you."

"Okay," I said again.

"I want to get to know you more, Daisy."

"Okay," I nodded once again, grabbing my bag and walking towards the door.

"Hold on." I stopped and turned around, and Hemmings was right behind me. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, and I savored it for the moment I had them before he pulled away and let me go back to my room.

-

We started this on Tuesday when I stayed after class with Hemmings and talked to him. I think we both knew that getting into the heavy stuff right away wouldn't be a good idea, so we started by telling each other about our hobbies and interests.

Hemmings told me about how he played guitar and enjoyed doing it when he was stressed but never wanted to pursue it because his love for English was much more important to him. Although he loved English it turned out he was a total nerd and enjoyed doing maths for fun too, and knew that he would definitely go into maths if he ever failed in English. I hated maths and couldn't stand anything to do with it and made that very clear to him when he said that, which made him laugh.

I mostly told him my hobbies about reading (which he already knew) and I told him about how I also enjoyed writing but didn't do much with it. I told him that I like to listen to music but was never really into it that much, or enough to learn to sing well or play an instrument.

Overall, it seemed to be going well so far but the idea still was set in my mind that soon Hemmings was going to realize what he'd gotten into and decide to change his mind.

-

A/N: okay so this update is so late I'm so sorry. Tomorrow there will be another update I promise, and then again on Thursday. 3 updates in a row to make up for my disloyalty ):

vote/comment/share? x