“I don’t care! I am not letting you go in alone.” Somehow we had ended up standing very close to each other, he brushed a strand of hair from my face. “You said before that certain… humans are allowed in, I could pretend to be like them.”

“No! It… wouldn’t work.”

“Why?”

“It just wouldn’t.”

“Why?”

I sighed in defeat, “Because we can tell a mile off. For a start I can tell if someone has been bitten by a vampire for around seven days after it happened. They smell… different, it’s like a vampire’s way of… claiming them I guess. Like a hands off warning to other vampires.” I sniffed, “we can be quite territorial.”

He digested this with a small frown between his eyes, “What about the other stuff?”

I shrugged, “You don’t behave like one of them, they act… needy, pathetic… not like you.”

“I could act.”

“It doesn’t matter; you have not been bitten recently. They will spot you instantly.”

“So bite me then.”

This drew me up short. I stared at him in shock; his eyes were resolute, his expression determined. “I- I can’t.”

“Why?”

“You know why!”

“You won’t hurt me, and I won’t let you hurt anyone else either. Last time you… took quite a lot, would you be able to just take a little? Just enough so that I will blend in, and then you might not be as affected as last time.”

“I will still be affected, you blood is… strong. But… no, I will not bite you. It is far too dangerous.”

He moved even closer to me, backing me into the wall. “Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

              Suddenly he leaned in and roughly pressed his lips to mine, automatically I responded as fire shot through me, tingling all the way down to my toes. All argumentative thoughts left my mind as the only thing I became focused on was him. I pulled away and gasped, “You are trying to distract me!”

“Is it working?”

My voice sounded surprisingly weak, “Yes,” I heard him laugh huskily in my ear before he kissed me again. It didn’t take long before my hands began to trace the warm contours of his body as my tongue danced with his passionately. Somehow we ended up on the bed as he trailed kisses down my neck and I slipped my hands under his shirt.

“Bite me,”

“I can’t!” I gasped breathlessly,

“Yes you can,”

He tipped his head back exposing the gorgeous length of his neck near my mouth, I could see a vein pulsing as his heart pounded rapidly. A groan escaped my lips as I breathed in his scent, “I shouldn’t… “

“Do it,”

              Something inside me snapped and I felt the monster growl appreciatively. Before I had fully realized what I was doing my fangs were sinking into his neck. He let out a sharp breath and I felt his hands tighten as the initial pain hit, followed by a moan as the endorphins kicked in.

              As soon as the first drop hit my tongue an explosion of flavor erupted in my mouth, somehow it was even better than the last time and I couldn’t resist shivering as the pleasure coursed through my body…

              Something nagged at the back of my mind and I growled, no… nothing was allowed to distract me now… but… Jamie!

              I pulled away quickly and both of us remained still for a moment panting heavily. Slowly I moved up to meet his eyes; although he looked slightly drunk I could see the desire burning there to match mine. Relief swept through me now that I was certain he was ok, I didn’t take as much as before so I was confident he would be fine.

              His hand moved up to pull my face down to his and our lips met. I was sure he originally just intended to kiss me softly but together we were like putting gasoline to a flame; the slightest touch and we were out of control. His warm skin felt shocking against the coldness of mine but in a good way, his fingers drawing burning patterns everywhere. Within moments his shirt was on the floor and I was tracing the hard planes of his chest.

“All that training did you good,” I purred appreciatively in his ear in one of the short moments when our mouths were not connected.

              He laughed and pushed my shirt up, his hands following my curves all the way, soon my jeans followed and before I knew it our bodies were moving together in much more intimate ways…