Chapter 22

(Chat Noir)

Hawkmoth isn't my father. My father isn't Hawkmoth. I can't help, but smile broadly, I lift Ladybug up, spin her around and kiss her on the lips. "Chat?" Ladybug asks, once I pull away from the kiss. I frown when I realize the situation we're in.

"Get away from them!" My father growls at Hawkmoth, getting in front of the three of us and Sparky the cat. Hawkmoth pushes my father aside and kicked his side, "You're going to have nothing Gabriel!"

My father fell to the ground and flinched in pain, "You're going to be nothing!" Hawkmoth snarled. My father grimaced, "Don't touch him," My father's eyes seemed to be teary, "Don't touch my son!" He yelled.

Hawkmoth kicked him in the head, causing him to pass out. "No!" I growled in anger, and then out of my anger, I raised my hand and yelled, "Cataclysm!" running toward Hawkmoth, "Chat Noir no!" I heard Ladybug's voice, a familar woman jumped in front of Hawkmoth, I tried to pull back, but it was too late, I struck the woman and only then I realized. . . she was my mother.

I got on my knees and felt tears streaming down my face, "Adrien, my baby . . ." She smiled and caresses my cheek. "Why did you do that!? . . . Mommy . . ." I lift her up and hug her tight, sobbing, "No . . . nonono MOMMY DON'T GO DON'T LEAVE ME AGAIN!"

"Adrien . . . it's alright . . ." she whispers. "How do you know I am Adrien?" I sniff, holding her tighter. "I saw you transform over there baby, and I must tell you, I didn't leave because of you, I left because I couldn't be trapped anymore, I needed freedom, you're father took my miraculous to protect me once you were born, and I . . ." My mother's eyes closed and she smiled, "I love you Adrien."

My heart stopped, "Nononono!"I cried on my mother's chest, and I felt Ladybug put her hand on my shoulder. "Oh Chat . . ." I push her off and stand up, glaring daggers at Hawkmoth, "Cataclysm, cataclysm, cata. . . cataclycm. . ." I growl, punching the air toward Hawkmoth, trailing off, as I realized it wasn't doing anything and I was overcome with emotions.

"Chat Noir, you're about to transform back . . ." Ladybug whispered. I looked at her and heard my ring beep. I saw Mr. and Mrs. Dupain Cheng, Molly, Elliot, and Lilleth standing beside Chloé, all looking at me with sympathy. Lilleth had tears in her eyes and walked up beside me, "Adrien, I am so sorry! No more secrets . . ." My cat ears lift up, "What do you mean?"

She moved her blue gaze from me to my mother who looked as if she was in a peaceful slumber, "Adrien, I am so sorry for so many secrets, or not telling you anything, but . . . I am your Godmother."

I hold on to my mother again, she was cold and deathly pale. I wrap her arms around me as if she was hugging me.

I felt Ladybug hugging me from behind and heard her say, "Hello Mrs. Agreste, it's very nice to meet you . . ." Her voice cracked, "I'm Marinette Dupain Cheng." She rested her chin on my shoulder, and moved her hands on my chest.

I felt myself transform back into Adrien, and placed my hand on Ladybug's hand. "She would've loved you M'lady." I heard her cry, and I turned my head to look at her, and I cupped my hands to her face, "No, don't cry . . ."

She transformed back into Marinette, and her blue eyes were clouded with grief, "I never got to meet her . . ." She says quietly. My heart hurt by how much pain Marinette was in, she truly cared about getting to meet my mum.

I rubbed circles on her back and glared at Hawkmoth. "Adrien, Marinette, you two go and feed your kwami's, we'll deal with him for now." Lilleth says. "Okay, wait . . . how do you know about kwamis?" Marinette asks.

Lilleth covered her mouth, and her eyes widened, "That doesn't matter! Now just go, hurry!" I take Marinette's hand and run off, we were followed by Sparky.

"Where do we need to go to get our kwami's food?" I ask. Marinette smiles slightly and shrugs, "I guess my house . . . I mean . . . my old house." She moves her gaze to the ground and Plagg, all of the sudden flies from out of my jacket, "Do you have camembert?" He asks.

Marinette laughs lightly and shakes her head, not seeming the slightest bit shocked by Plagg's sudden appearance. "No, sorry, but we do have other cheese." Plagg groaned, "I guess that'll do."

I roll my eyes at Plagg's comment and we head off toward the bakery, once we get there Marinette lifts a welcome matt and it reveals a key.

She puts the key in and it clicks open, she walks in slowly, her eyes clouded, and she puts her hands over her heart, "It still feels like home . . ."

Plagg snorts, "Yeah Yeah, now where is the cheese I am starvinggggg!" Marinette ignores him and walks up the ladder, I follow her, "Come on Marinette, we need to hurry, our friends are out there fighting Hawkmoth and Vol-" I realize then that Volpina wasn't with them.

Marinette ignored me and went into her own room, and I heard a scream."Marinette?" I run into her room and see a little girl in Marinette's bed, her dark green eyes wide open.

"Mommy?" She whispered through the dark. I glanced at Marinette before stepping toward the little girl. "No, Marinette here was the old owner of this house and just came by to look at it."

Marinette turned the light on and walked nearer to us, the little girl couldn't of been older than three and she frowned, "Where's my mommy?" "We don't know sweetie, do you want us to go look for her?"

The girl teared up, "She dropped me off inside this empty house, said she'd be right back and then flew off." Marinette gave her a sympathetic smile, but something clicked in my mind. "Wait . . . did you say . . . flew?"

The little girl nodded and pointed upwards out to the balcony, Marinette climbed the ladder to the balcony, but came back down shaking her head. Wouldn't that mean . . . no it can't be . . . The little girl started crying, and I comforted her, rubbing circles on her back, "I'm Adrien by the way, what's your name?"

She sniffled as she looked up, some of her brown bangs falling on her face, "Victoria, Victoria Rossi" I smiled, "We'll look for your mommy, you stay here alright."

She nodded and I walked down the ladder looking around the house for any signs of a person. Plagg groaned beside me and rolled my eyes and grabbed some cheese off of the counter that was probably old.

He ate it in one gulp and I turned away disgusted, "Ooohhh cheese!" He says happily. Marinette fed Tikki and turned toward me, "So where should we look first?" I looked out the window, "Out there, you see. . . if my hunch is correct, Victoria's mommy is someone we know."

_________________________________

So sorry it has been forever, I had writers block. Also thank you for 100+ followers here on Wattpad and 90 followers on Instagram :3

QOTC: What is your favorite Pokemon?

AOTC: Vaporeon (ik so original right?) or as Aphmau calls her (Bae)poreon <3

Have an a-mew-zing day loves and don't forget that you
are all purrrfect <3

-Mads