Chapter 9

(Adrien)

My neck felt sore when I tried to sit up, and my hands wobbled when I pushed myself upward. I have to find my ring! Maybe it fell off when I was asleep, or maybe it was a rule to take jewelry from patients.

I set my good foot on the ground and put all my pressure on it. When I stood up though, I felt my spine hurting like a million bees stung me at once. I bit my lip so I didn't scream out.

"Adrien?" I didn't realize that Nurse Hudgins was standing at the door until she spoke. "Nurse Hudgins, oh I was just looking for something that I lost."

She didn't look convinced, "Adrien get back in bed now, here, let me help you." She took my arms and led me to the Hospital bed, I sat down, and by myself, lay down into a comfortable position.

"There." She says, "Now don't do that without permission again!" She says sternly. I nod, and as she's walking out the door I call out her name, "Nurse Hudgins!" She turns back toward me, "Did you guys take my ring and put it somewhere?"

She shakes her head no, "Sorry, no." I look down at the ground. Oh Plagg, what am I going to do without you? (A/N not stink of Camembert that's for sure)

~*~

(Marinette)

I walked with Elliot down the sidewalk with ice creams in our hands. His was chocolate while mine was vanilla with strawberry bits. "So this is your very first ice cream? Ever?" I ask. Elliot smiles at the ground, "Yeah pretty much."

I've decided that even though Elliot may be a beautiful, sweet, and intelligent boy, my heart still belonged to Adrien, but I do love spending time with Elliot, he's so nice and he tells me about this girl that he likes, her name is Molly, and she works at the Hospital.

"Yeah, she has the prettiest golden brown eyes, and a smile that will just make your heart melt! What about you Marinette? Got any one you got your eyes on?" Elliot asks.

I blush, "Maybe . . ." I glance sideways. "Who is it?" He asks. I stutter, "Adrien Agreste." He spits out his ice cream, "Sorry you don't like it." I mutter playfully. "Adrien Agreste? The supermodel? The one in the Hospital?" He asks. I nod slowly, "Yeah, that's him."

"I know him!" His face lights up. "I know, everybody in Paris does." I stare off onto space, fantasizing about Adrien. "No I mean I know him personally, Molly and I are filling in for Nurse Duncan for taking care of him!"

My eyes light up now, "Really? How's he doing?" I ask. Elliot smiles, "Brilliant." It's silent for a while before I began to speak again, "I actually have two questions . . ." I say.

He turns toward me, "What is it Marinette?" I glance at the sidewalk, "One, what are you if that doesn't sound to rude." His eyes darken, and his smile fades, "I'd rather not answer that, what was your second question?"

I cough into my fist, "I know we just met but, if it's okay, can my parents and I live at your place because we lost our bakery and we don't have much money."

He didn't look surprised nor angry, instead he just smiled, "That's fine, I'll text you where I live." I smile, "Thanks Elliot! Okay I got to go, I'll see you in about an hour!" I dash away to the hotel my parents and I were staying.

~*~

"Oh that's wonderful Marinette!" I hug both of them and then go into the bathroom to take a shower.

The reason why we didn't go to Alya's is because her house is so crowded the way it is with one older brother who is out of the house, three younger sisters, and one baby brother.

I turn on the shower and step in, five minutes later I step out and dry my hair, my phone buzzes as if on cue, and I unlock it to see a text message from Elliot.

Elliot: Hey so my address is 532 EverEve Hollow, near the Junior High.

Marinette: OK, see ya soon! :P :)

Elliot: :)

I walk out of the bathroom and grab my stuff, reaching my parents at the end of the hallway outside of the hotel room.

We check out and get into our car, driving toward Elliot's house, and passing my old Junior High.

"Good Ol memories." I sigh happily. Thinking about Junior High memories the rest of the way there.

~*~

When we pulled up in the driveway I stared at the house, it was a small brown house that looked like it had about two bedrooms and a bathroom, I shrugged it off and went to go knock on the door.

Before I even knocked the door opened, revealing a short dark skinned woman with ginger/red/brown hair and big golden brown eyes. "Who are you?" She asked. "Sorry I must've got the wrong house." I say awkwardly, starting to walk away, but before I could, Elliot appeared behind her. "Hey Marinette!"

The woman looked at Elliot and then to me and then smiled, "Oh! You're Marinette! Come on in, I'm Molly, Molly Hudgins." She held out her hand to shake, and I took it.

"Hi you must be Elliot!" I heard my mom say behind me. Elliot nods, "Hello Mr. And Mrs. Dupain Cheng! Welcome!" My parents both smile and walk in, and gasp, I was was both equally amazed.

Though the outside of the house looked small and poor, the inside was surprisingly ginormous! "Elliot! You didn't tell me you lived in such an amazing house!" I say with amazement.

Elliot shrugs, "Actually it's not mine, it's my sister's, but she let me stay here with her while I'm looking for a new place." I gaze at the white marble floor, and found a staircase winding down. "What's this?" I ask, pointing at the stairs.

Molly cuts in, "It leads down to the indoor pool and Elliot's sister's room." I freeze awestruck, "You have an indoor pool?" "Let me lead you toward your rooms," Elliot leads us to the room at the end of a long corridor, when we walk inside you could see the door that led outside into the garden, the wallpaper was clouds that looked as if they were real, "This is where Marinette will be sleeping, Mr. and Mrs. Dupain Cheng let me lead you to your room."

The door closes behind them and I gaze around the big room, and sot on the full sized bed. The sheets were a green grass type of color and the carpet was the same shade.

My eyes finally caught a flash of blonde hair, and at first I thought Chloé was in here, but instead a portrait of a young woman was hung up on the wall, her eyes were a bright blue, hair was honey blonde, and she wore almost the same exact smirk Chloé has. "What?" I whisper to myself.

The door opens and Elliot walked into the room, "Dinner's read- ah I see you've found the portrait of my sister."

___________________________

QOTC: What's your favorite food?

AOTC: I really like pastas, like macaroni, and I like sushi

-Mads