Chapter 3

(Marinette)

I woke up in my room, a tray with soup and cookies and a warm, damp rag on my forehead.

"Sweetie she's up!" I heard my mom say, and then heard footsteps running toward me.

"What - what happend?" I ask, sitting up, and realizing I had a massive headache.

My mom put an extra pillow behind me, and took my hand. "You got in a car accident Mari." My dad answered me.

"Did anyone get hurt? How hurt am I? Why am I not at the Hospital?" I asked them, worry filling my gaze.

They looked at each other, "Why don't you eat your soup, and get some more rest and then we can answer your questions when you wake up." Mom tells me.

I nod slowly, and once they left I look around the room for my purse. "There you are." I say once I found it.

I get up and limp toward my purse, I open it to see Tikki still sleeping in there. I sigh in relief.

I sit back down on my bed and pick up a cookie, "Tikki, hey wake up, I have a cookie for you." Tikki slowly opened her eyes, she groaned a little bit, I put the cookie inside of my purse.

She grabbed the cookie and took a little bite out of it. "Feeling better?" I ask. She nods her head slowly. I smile, "You and me both need some rest."

I eat the rest of the cookies and drink some of the soup and then fall right back asleep.

~*~

My parents sit down on the couch and I sit down on the chair across from them, "So Mari . . . We have two pieces of bad news . . ." Dad begins.

I gulp, "First off we might lose the bakery . . ." Mom says sadly. My eyes widen, "What!? But this is where we live! They can't just kick us out!" I say.

"Actually they can." Mom starts tearing up. "What's the second piece of bad news?" I ask. Just like before, they look at each other.

"The person who you crashed into was Adrien." They say at the same time.

My heart sunk into my stomach, "Is he okay?" My voice was hoarse. Dad shook his head, "They were saying he might not make it sweetie, but you can go visit him."

I walked up to my room, Adrien's name ringing in my ears. My phone began vibrating in my purse, when I got to my room I saw that Alya was the person calling me.

"What's up?" I say as I answer the phone. "I heard what happened, you okay?" She asked.

I nod, trying my best to hide the tears coming to my eyes. Alya frowned, "You don't look like you're alright, do want me to come over there?"

I shook my head, "No, Alya, you stay there in Brazil, i'm fine,"

She brought her face closer to the phone and narrowed her eyes, "Are those tears? I am getting a plane ticket right now!"

"Alya!" I say a little to loudly, "I'm telling you . . ." tears start to trial down my cheeks, "I'm fine."

"Then what's wrong?" She asks. I was silent for a while before I answered, "The person I hit was Adrien . . ." I say.

Alya gasped, "Is he okay?" I just shook my head, I couldn't speak. Alya was silent as well.

"They are thinking he might not make it." Alya began crying with me. "But please, Alya if you want what's best for me and Adrien, stay in Brazil for those three more months, please."

"Mari . . ." She begins. I close my eyes, "Please!" I didn't want Alya to not get her job because of me.

Alya pursed her lips, "Fine, but if there is any more negative news, I am coming over there." "Thanks Alya," I smile.

"Okay bye girl, get better!" Alya hung up and I put my phone back in my purse.

Tikki flew up from her little bed and looked at me with cloudy eyes, "That was really thoughtful of you Marinette." She says.

I wipe the tears from my eyes, "I don't want her to lose that job opportunity," I say.

Tikki helped my wipe the tears from my eyes, "Plus Tikki, I have you and my parents to help me out." Tikki smiled, "You sure do, do you want to patrol tonight or leave it up to Chat Noir?"

I began to lay down and then I yawn, "I'll leave it up to Chat for tonight." Tikki nodded, "Okay Marinette, but you should patrol tomorrow."

I nod, and then I began to fall asleep.

~*~

"Marinette! Wake up!" Tikki shook my shoulder. I opened up my eyes slowly and saw Tikki with a worried expression.

"Tikki what's wrong?" I ask the little kwami. "Marinette! There was a robbery at the Hotel last night!"

I blink, "What? How do you know, plus wasn't Chat Noir patrolling?"

Tikki pointed to the window, "I found out from the News and come on you have to transform!"

I narrowed my eyes, "You're right!" I got up, "Tikki Spots on!" Tikki was sucked into my earrings and I transformed into Ladybug.

I jumped out my window and used my yo-yo to jump from building to building.

I gasped when I saw helicopters circling the Hotel, I ran toward the Mayor, "What exactly happened here?"

He used a handkerchief to wipe the sweat off his forehead. "Somebody robbed my little girl!"

Chloé came running up to her father in tears, "Daddy! Daddy!"

She grabbed his arm and sobbed, but these weren't "Oh miss something happened to my hair and I couldn't do the homework" tears these were actual tears coming from her eyes.

"Darling what happened?" Mayor Bourgeois asked Chloé. "Adrien got in a car crash! We have to go to the Hospital right now!"

The Mayor narrowed his eyes and nodded, "Of course." "Ladybug," Chloé turned to me, "You should come too."

___________________________

So that is the end of Chapter 3 and I want to get to know you guys better, so . . .

Are you a boy or a girl?

-Madi

(A/N - I'm sorry that the question above was insensitive! When I wrote this I was at an age where I wasn't aware of pronouns and not being comfortable with being labeled "girl" or "boy" because of how sheltered my life used to be! Let me rephrase it to "what are your pronouns!" :) - I don't think I can erase the actual question though or else it will get rid of the comments! But I'm sorry again!)