Chapter Six: Blood Brothers

"Two more sets of twenty pushups. C'mon, push, guys," Mickey barked from the front of the huge basement room that was our home gym. "Back to Back" by Drake was blasting from the surround-sound system speakers, and it was so loud I could barely hear Mickey's instructions. All of the men in the pack were lined up behind Mickey, in three rows of five, which left me in the very back all alone. As if being the only girl wasn't bad enough, I was also making a complete fool of myself. While they hammered out forty more pushups by the end of the song, I could only manage to crank out seven very shaky reps before my arms gave out and I collapsed on my stomach.

"Okay, get some water. We'll hit the weights and then go for a cooldown run before dinner," Mickey announced as everyone stood up and stretched while they made their way upstairs to get water from the kitchen, where the pack women were busy preparing dinner. Cooldown run?!

I stayed down, rolling onto my back and throwing my aching arms over my face while I let out an enormous groan. Fuck this. Fuck working out. Who needs fitness and muscles and the strength to defend themselves anyway?

I felt Mickey's presence even before he reached down to pull my arms off my face. His hands closed around mine, and he gave me a light tug to help me to my feet. Unsurprisingly, I didn't even budge. He was still wearing his tight black Under Armour shirt and matching black shorts, and he looked like a sexy Secret Service agent or something. His wavy hair was getting kind of long, and was damp with sweat and tucked behind his ears like mine. Pink tinged his cheeks, but I knew first-hand how extreme Mickey's stamina was, so it didn't surprise me that he appeared to have barely exerted any energy.

"C'mon, you need to stay hydrated. Let's go get some water." He tugged again.

"Nooo," I moaned, pouting at him and struggling to keep my head from lolling around my shoulders like a spineless doll. "Leave me to die."

A smile spread across Mickey's face, and he started to laugh. "C'mon, it wasn't that bad. I'm sure you did better than you think you did."

Now it was my turn to laugh. "Ha! You clearly weren't watching me then. I could barely keep up with your pace and my body feels like a charred pile of bones."

"All I Do Is Win" came on next, and I couldn't help the smile that pulled up the corners of my lips. I wasn't much of a rap fan, but this song never failed to amuse me.

"Well I seem to remember a girl who had no problem keeping up with my pace a couple nights ago." Mickey's voice had deepened significantly, and the huskiness shot straight to my already-tightening pussy. I groaned, tugging on his hands where they still held mine until he'd lowered himself on top of me. I loved how big Mickey was, in every way. His broad shoulders and thick chest covered me like a blanket, and he dug his knees into the ground to keep his significant weight from crushing me.

"I prefer that kind of exercise," I whispered, widening my eyes when Mickey's pupils dilated instantly. His eyes roamed over my face, his hands tucked under my shoulders so his elbows could support his weight. I felt cradled in his arms, even though I had my back to the ground, and I wriggled around until my hands were free to grasp Mickey's muscular biceps. A thin sheet of sweat coated his skin, and my pervy mind shot straight to sex. I bet Mickey gets sweatier than this when we're having sex. I know for a fact we were both dripping in the shower--

My thoughts were cut off by Mickey's mouth attacking mine. Despite my physical exhaustion, I moaned against his tongue when it plunged past my lips and clashed with mine. Mickey's skilled mouth molded and manipulated mine until I was writhing on the ground underneath him, my pussy throbbing and my skin burning. I fisted his hair in my hands, pulling his head closer to mine and burying myself in our kiss despite the fact that I was running out of oxygen. His smell overwhelmed me, his taste consuming me, until my head began to swim and Mickey tore his lips off mine with great effort.