Fighting the drawbacks

Dedicated to my best friend for the beautiful cover she designed and also because she was eagerly waiting for an update...
I love you Shreya Shah..blowKiss_chick_

____________________________________________________________________________________________
...Kabir...
Irritated I hit the desk in my cabin hard causing my phone and a few files to stumble down. Groaning I flopped down my chair, all I could think about was why would she start ignoring me all of a sudden. What have I done wrong? She never gave up on me even in the worst of conditions. All these thoughts were clustered in my mind thus a gibberish presentation wasn't a surprise, annoyed by my ownself I asked them to reschedule the meeting and only because of our goodwill, the sponsors agreed, Furious I walked back to my cabin, and the first thing I decided to do was talk to my dear shortcake but as usual her phone seemed switched off. I cursed my luck pushing the rest of file on the ground off the table. I placed my head on the table banging it.
When my dad entered the room without knocking which is kind of normal. I looked up at him as he walked up to me, he patted my back to de stress me but little did he know where my solace lies.
"6 years, it's been 6 years." He started.
"What?" I asked.
"It's been six years you started merely as an employee here, and now you are the C.E.O. of Malhotra Designers. You have your own interior designing wing, which you created. Its been six years you stand strong as Kabir Malhotra, even in the worst case scenario you were going through you never even stammered then what is it today that's hurting you, what is it for which you are punishing yourself." He asked.
"I am sorry dad, I promise I'll make it up." I appologized.
"Yeh ek chote se tender ki baat nahi hai Kabir, yeh baat hai hamare bete ki.
Kabir hamari bahut duao aur Preet ki mehnat ke baad hame hamara beta wapis mila hai, hum usse nahi kho sakte, agar kuch hai joh tujhe disturb kar raha hai toh you can share it with me." (Its not about the stupid tender Kabir, It's about our son. It's only after a lot of prayers and Preet's love that we have got our son back, we can't afford to lose him, if it is something disturbing you then you can share it with me.) He spoke. I just stood up and hugged him, "Am I not good enough for Preet dad?" I asked almost on the verge of breaking down.

"Did you and Preet have a fight?" He asked coming straight to the point.
"No dad, it's just that I don't even remember when was the last time we sat down to talk, to be with each other." I finally accepted.

"Have you talked to Preet?" He asked and I nodded negatively.
"Kabir sometimes it is better to say things which hurt you, you aren't a superhero, it's acceptable and my princess is mature enough to handle it well, may be she is not ignoring you but also herself, because just like you her solace too lies in you." He said before leaving, I kept thinking about what dad said and just that moment i remembered how Kaka in the morning was forcing me to have breakfast, he also informed me that all the days I skipped my breakfast or dinner, Preet did the same. I sighed because somewhere I realised I too was negligible towards her, confused somehow I completed my presentation when I heard my door opening with a bash and there I was distracted again.

...Preet...

After a drive of 15 minutes I was standing outside starbucks, taking a deep breath I walked up to the private booth occupied by him.

"You look beautiful! " he complimented making me smile because for all I knew I looked normal dressed up in a plain black top with a red printed long skirt, the only accessory was my red and white chura. He got up hugging me, his own daughter and then waiting for me to take a seat following the suite himself.

"I am sorry!" He confessed all too suddenly I looked at him confused to no exent.

"I am sorry we weren't the ideal couple you deserved to learn from, we weren't there to show what love is in a relationship. We couldn't give you options for your life partner." At that I tried interjecting but he showed his hand a gesture to let him continue.