Another secret

...Preet...

All of us were too overwhelmed because of Kabir's sudden recovery but we soon got back to normal as Varun's wedding was left yet. Since it was almost evening all of us got dressed quickly. All the girls shared a room while the boys were in another. It was quite a task for Jennifer and Lauren to get into their Indian outfits while on the other hand I and Vinnie had a field day with it. All the other girls were ready but I was busy getting Ashlyn ready. Ashyln looked ethereal in bright red lehenga that for a change Kabir had selected, I and Kabir had fought even on that since I was totally against red lehenga since it was too common while Kabir insisted that wedding demands red and like all the other times he won. Sometimes I doubt my own discovery that he has changed but no he was just the same or may be it was only with me.
I was bought out my dream land when Ashlyn snapped fingers in front of me.
"Sorry I just zoned out." I apologized.

"No, you were thinking about Kabir."

"Noo, yaa." I retorted.

"Accept it Miss Preet Saxena you do feel something for him right from the start."

"No!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah right, then why was it that only you thought his hand can work again when all the other senior doctors had left hope."

"Because I am a doctor and this is my work." I tried reasoning. Key word TRIED.

"Keep saying that to yourself." She said and left as the girls were here to call her and talking about myself I wasn't even near getting ready.
Quickly getting up I got dressed in a powder blue saree with a backless blouse that was held together only with the help of 3 strings tied up in a bow. I left my hair opening and added long earings and bangles to my look and then I was done.

After sometime the marriage was in full swing and since I was thirsty now I walked to have a glass of water when I was pulled behind a pillar. I was about to shout but the familiar smell of his cologne refrained me from doing so.

"Kabir?" I whispered.
"Shhs." He said while placing his cold fingers on my lips.
He swiftly moved dangerously close to me. His hands were now behind me while I was standing their motionless.
His cold fingers touched my back and I shivered. I could feel my heart beating rapidly. I am sure he could too. Ever so slowly he pulled the strings and tied them again.
"They were open." He whispered against my ears.

"Thanks." I replied and was about to make a run so that he couldn't see me blushing but rather he held my wrists and pulled me in a hug. I gasped at his sudden gesture, but his hug held some solace that made me respond.

After a while I pulled out and walked about a couple of steps when he called back and commented,
"Your blush compliments you Mrs. Malhotra."
This made my blush even darker.
This wasn't the first time I was regarded as Mrs. Malhotra but this was first time I didn't mind why? I don't know.

After the wedding was done all our friends came back to our tactics. We decorated Varun's room and then Lauren pulled Ashlyn aside while Chris decked up in a similar lehenga and sat in Ashlyn's place. Everything was ready and I was hiding in Varun's wardrobe when I heard Kabir calling out for me. To avoid anyone to know about our mischief I pulled him inside with me.
Once inside he looked at me as if I was an alien.
"How did you fit in shortcake?" He asked once I explained him the whole plan.
"Because I am not as huge as you hulk." I replied in sarcasm and he was about to laugh but I quickly covered his mouth. Both of us were dangerously close to one and another. He kissed my palm which covered his mouth. Shying away I pulled my hand back but he quickly placed his hand on my bare waist and pulled me towards him. Since the wardrobe was small we were stuck in the same position for around 15 minutes until we heard Chris shouting and Varun cursing us. All of us came out of our hidden places laughing. Varun looked at me and at once he understood it was my plan. I being the smart person I am hid behind Kabir. Kabir was far more well built than any guy in my group. And he better save me.

After a lot of teasing sessions, all of us decided to leave. We were almost gone when I ran back again and knocked at Varun's room.
He opened the door irritated while I gave him a box covered with a gift wrap. He thought it was a gift and hugged me.
Only if he knew what was in it.

To avoid my death I ran away.
I and Kabir were halfway home in my car when I received a call from Varun.
"Don't pick the call." I pointed but Kabir had already picked it.

"Just once you come in front of me. Once Preet Saxena." Varun shouted on the phone. Since my Bluetooth was connected and was on loudspeaker even Kabir heard it. I quickly hung the call laughing.

"What did you do?" Kabir asked me.

"I gifted him co***ms" I replied.
He was shocked at first but within seconds burst out laughing.

Later we reached home and got changed, I was strolling down my house when I heard noises from Kabir's room of him shouting. I ran towards his room hoping for the best.
Once I reached his room I saw him moving in his sleep, there were tear stains on his face that clearly meant he had been crying in sleep, he was having a nightmare. I quickly switched the lights on and sat next to him and tried waking him up.

"I didn't do anything. I didn't trust me." He kept on repeating these words.

"Kabir, Kabir." I called him
He got up instantly sweat beads falling from his face.
He realized what happened and then quickly covered his face with his hands.

I hugged him to make him feel secure.
"It's okay." I assured.

Breaking the hug he avoided my gaze totally.

I knew this topic was sensitive and he wouldn't open up to me this easily. He quickly walked up to his wardrobe and had some tablets.

To change his mood, I asked him,
"Are you gonna sleep again?" He nodded in a no and looked skeptically at me.

"Cool then let's go and have ice cream." I said.

"It's 2:30 Preet."

"I wouldn't have cared if it was 3:30 too." I replied and hoped off to my room to change. I got dressed in black leggings and and a light green kurti and tied my hair in a messy bun and as said walked out of my room and saw Kabir waiting for me. I gave him a smile and he avoided. Pouting I sat back in my car. This time Kabir driving. I had asked him to drive so that he could move his hand.

Soon we were at an ice cream parlor near the beach. I had purposely guided him there.
After picking up our ice creams we walked towards the beach. It was serene and kind of calming.
I settled down on the sand and pulled Kabir along with me. Finally he passed a faint smile.
We were quite for the next 20 minutes.only the waves making noise.

After what felt like eternity Kabir spoke.
" I am sorry about tonight."

"You don't have to. You know you can share everything with me right."
He nodded but was still silent. He got up and offered his hand to me I got up and we started strolling on the beach.

Again after a long silence he spoke.