why? I love you?

...Kabir....

I was swaying to the extended beats of the song with my Princess, My shortcake when her grip to me grew tighter and whispered.
"I am fine okay."
I was alarmed and so I held her tighter. My face paled sensing something wrong Before I could do anything else she fainted in my arms.

I held her tight as she left her body.

"Abhi." I screamed getting every freaking person's attention.

Abhi and Aryan rushed towards the centre stage.
Abhi instantly checked her pulse and heaved a sigh while I was getting all worked up.

"Okay, let's take her inside." Abhi announced.
I picked her up bridal style as she laid lifeless.
It hurt to see her like this.
I wanted to scream, cry hold her, want her to hug me back.
I carefully placed her on the bed of my room.
Abhi got his medical bag from Kavya's room beside and injected some fluid into her body.

"Nothing to worry, the Blood pressure fell, it was just the stress that took toll. She will wake up in an hour.
Just be a little careful with her since she has gone pretty weak." He advised and moved out.
Aryan kissed her forehead and left too .
I moved next to her on the bed and kissed her cheek.

"Why are you so careless about yourself?" I asked to the girl laying unconscious.
I swiftly got of from the bed and changed in to a pair of tracks and comfortable t-shirt.
I layed next to her caressing her hair.
After an hour or so she stirred and slowly opened her honey brown eyes smiling at me.

"Only you have the guts to scare the shit out of me and then smile." I commented.
I have no idea what was funny about my statement because the very next moment she burst out laughing.
I helped her sit with cushions behind her and handed her some medicines.
Making a face she looked at me pouting.
"Not happening. You are having them." I instructed her.
Making a puking face she showed her tongue.
"Real Sexy Shortcake." I replied ruffling through my wardrobe.

"Kabir." She called out with utmost love and tenderness.
I looked back at her and smile lovingly.
I walked up to the bed and sat in front of her.
I took the medicine from her hand, while she gave me an award winning smile.
One of my hands found its place at the back of her neck while the other pulled her from her waist.
Angling her neck accordingly I claimed her lips for a soul searing kiss which she returned with equal fervour.
In between the kiss I placed her tablet in her mouth.
Her face scrunched in disgust.
While I broke the kiss and handed her the glass of water.
She gulped the tablet down not before muttering some curses to me.
"I hate you.", she stated.

"15 minutes and you will change your statement." I challenged.

She returned me a challenging look which was only broken by the knock at the door.
Opening the door I found my parents standing out.
Preet instantly gained a respectable posture getting up, picking her lehenga along. Her chura and Kaliras making the soulful noise.
Dad came and hugged her asking,
"How's my princess doing?"
She looked up at him giving him a beautiful smile and replied.

"Perfect as always."
Dad let out a chuckle at this and made her sit.
After a bit of chit chatting they left.
Later Preet got up to change and get comfortable.
She walked up to the dressing table while I got settled on the bed.

Standing in front of the mirror her hands moved to remove her earrings when she let out a hiss.
I swiftly moved out of the bed towards her stopping her movements. I steped deadly close to her and whispered.
"Let me help you."

....PREET...
I moved my hands to remove the earrings aware of Kabir's constant gaze making me blush. I let out a hiss because of the shooting pain in my right shoulder. Within seconds I found Kabir standing deadly close to me. I let out a shudder as he bent a little and whispered.
"Let me help you."
Dropping my hands down I turned around surrendering myself.
He in a very fragile manner held my waist pulling me closer he kissed me forehead.
"I'm in love with you and your entire being." he said.