The reason I hate him

...Preet...

I woke up the next morning and stretched.

Today was supposed to be hectic since tomorrow was Kavya's engagement. I got up and completed my morning routine and got dressed in a punjabi suit, pining the duppatta to be comfortable. I braided my hair and applied some kohl and lip balm. I then descended downstairs and was amazed to see my parents and Aryan talking. I walked to them and sat next to them.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Preparation for the Diwali party." Mom replied way too enthusiastically.

I looked at Dad as he mirrored Aryans expressions screaming help me. May be because there was more than a month left for Diwali, I wanted to laugh out loud then and there.

For the next one hour my mom went on and on while The rest three of us were bored to death, I was almost about to drift into sleep when my mother's next words got her mine and my brother's full attention.

"I was thinking, it is already high time we should talk to Malhotra's and Get Preet and Kabir engaged this Diwali." I was stunned and let's not even give Aryan a look. He seemed as if Mom had asked him his kidney.

Well, this was one of the reasons I hated Kabir's Existence. Even before I was born, my fate was sealed. I was destined to be Mrs Kabir Malhotra.

Thanks to our grandparents, well basically mine and Kabir's Grandfather together begun the M&S Association, the rest was my Dad and Papa's hardwork which is now being carried forward by Kabir and Aryan.

M&S Association basically deals with Hospitality.

To keep the company intact our grandparents decided that the first girl and the first boy from both the families will get married.

If my grandfather would have been alive I am sure Aryan would have killed him the day we got to know about this agreement.

"Mom let's talk about this once I return back from London after Graduation?" I smartly dodged the question.

"Promise?" she asked and I nodded while Aryan got up picking me with him the bridal style.

"What the hell Aryan." I squealed.

"Well, I am kidnapping my sister." he replied and my parents let out a chuckle.

We made our way to the garage and he swiftly placed me on the passenger seat walking up to the driver seat.

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

"Don't you need clothes for tomorrow?" he asked.

"Oh shit, I have to wear a lehenga now don't I?" I asked and he nodded.

"Bless me." I sighed and he started laughing once again.