Getting her back

....Preet...
After a long silence when I knew I had no other option left I nudged Kabir.
He looked at me instantly with hope.

"I am just hearing you so that I can get out of here." He smiled.

"Preet, you remember you kept on asking me about Kashish?" He asked, this got him my full attention. I quickly turned around to him.

"No body has seen her since 2 years."

"It was once hell of a massacre that night. She left saying she was going to her friends birthday but never reached there never returned. We knew nothing. What happened, where she was? Nothing. We had set search teams for her but just couldn't find her. Day by day we started giving up the hope. We didn't even whether she is alive or." He hesitated while saying, I placed my hand on his, he instantly turned his hand and held mine in his tightly.

"Everything soothed down but I still had people looking out for her, yesterday I was almost set to come here when I received a call which informed me about Kashish's possible whereabouts. I don't know what took over me and I just rushed to that place on instant."
I could see tears streaming down his eyes I held his hand even tighter and asked.

"Kabir, did you get her?" I asked hopefully.

"I did, I reached her. I saw my baby Preet. I found my Baby." He replied as he broke down in sobs.
I was hell confused if Kabir found Kashish then why was he crying.

"Did she come back with you?" I asked holding his shoulders. I was more on less on his laps now.

"No, she isn't.(hiccup) ready.
but I know she is alive,.she didn't run away Preet. She didn't leave her Bhai(brother) behind. She has been through worst Preet and I couldn't save her. My baby!" He cried harder. I hugged him instantly. He broke down even harder.

I kept on rubbing his back trying to soothe him.
After a while when he was a bit stable I asked him.
"What happened?" I asked worried and scared.

"I tried Preet, I tried. She just isn't ready."

"Kabir, brace yourself okay and tell me what happened, where is Kashish? Why isn't she here?"

"Preet, Kashish (hiccup) Kashish." He tried.

"Kashish what Kabir?"

"She (hiccup) she was raped!"

"What?" I gasped and then fell motionless.
I had no idea what happened. No matter what I thought I just couldn't react.
I wanted to get up and pull my socks up but just couldn't get the courage.
Suddenly I felt two hands caging me in a safe embrace. Feeling secured I finally let the fact sink in and cried my heart out.
Finally after a long time. I got up with a new determination.

"Forget it, forget what happened. Get up. Let's go and get her back. Let's celebrate Diwali with her. Come on get up Kabir."
I said.
He looked at me and we shared an eyelock.
We got up and Kabir called Abhi up to open the terrace door.
As soon as the door opened both of us rushed out of the house. Everyone threw questions but right now we asked them to calm down till we are back.

We quickly drove off to the Rehabilitation centre in Chandigarh.

Opening the door even before the car stopped I rushed out.
I went to the reception and asked her room number and ran towards her room with Kabir behind me.

Kabir stood in front of me completely hiding me and knocked at her door.
She opened the door, looking at her brother her eyes twinkled for a second and then they were pale again.

"Bhai, no." She said even before Kabir could say anything else.
He swiftly moved aside exposing me.
Kashish looked at me in confusion since I looked way bit different.

"How's my Kishmish doing?" I asked her addressing her with the name I had given her.
Slowly it registered her and then she flew back in my arms sobbing.
Kashish had always been closer to me than Kavya or Kabir.

I held her securely, patting her hair.
Kabir got a glass of water for her till the time I settled her on the bed.

"Shhs, enough of this crying okay. Let's go home."

"No, di." She replied.

"Kabir!" I called the idiot.
He looked up at me and my next sentence made him scrunch his nose.

"Get out." I ordered. He gave me n irritated look but walked out. At that very instant I turned towards Kashish.

"Why?" I asked her directly.

"How di?" He counter questioned.

"Why not baccha?"

"Di I was raped." She opened up.

"So?, that is nothing to be ashamed off. What important is the fact that you stood up again. You did not crumble and give up living. You fought and you won. And trust me Kashish I won't let the ba*tards escape this easily. They will pay for it."
I explained.

"I can't Di, once I come back, all this will come with me too, I will just be a spot on my family's reputation. Bhai's reputation." She cried.

"Baby, look at me in my eyes and tell me do you think your family cares about it, forget your family tell me do you think your brother cares about it?" I asked her.

"No." Was her plain reply.

"Kashish you have been like a daughter to him. If he has ever loved someone with everything he is then it is you bacche. He is least bothered what the world thinks you have always been his first priority." She hugged me again at this.

"I am sorry di." She said.

"No baby, you have nothing to be sorry for. Just pack your bags and let's go home okay."

"Di, I need time to face everyone." She accepted.

"Okay fine. But just let's get out of here. We will take you home once you are completely ready okay?" I bargained.
She finally accepted and we got all her necessities packed walking out together.

Kabir was at the reception waiting for us.

He was shocked when he saw Kashish next to me.
Kashish on that very instant dropped her bag and ran towards her brother. He welcomed her with opened arms while I looked at them.
Kabir mouthed a thank you to me and I just waved a hand as if it didn't matter.

Later that night we drove back to Amritsar and got Kashish settled in Kabir's pent house and then went back to my house.