Diwali Party

...Preet...
I got up lazily for the day ahead I was still in my shorts and tank top and headed down. Once I reached down I saw my brother sitting on the table for breakfast. As soon as he saw me he gave me a smile and I ignored it.
"Good morning Princess!"
He regarded me.

"Mom, breakfast!" I ignored him again.
He was well aware that I was angry because he was rude last night but didn't dare to bring that topic up.
Soon my mom bought our breakfast.
Once the table was set even my dad came down.

"So, Preet have you got your dress for tonight and even "
My mom asked but before she could complete the sentence I started coughing or more like fake coughing deliberately to stop her from saying the very next words.

Aryan and Dad quickly came up to me and soothed my back and made me drink water.
The topic was diverted.

After the breakfast was done Aryan again tried to talk to me but ignoring him I walked to my room.
I quickly removed an aqua blue fit and flare one piece that reached my knees for myself and went to the washroom.
After getting ready the moment I stepped out of the bathroom I saw a huge teddy bear on my bed, I looked around and found Aryan standing on the door holding his ears.
People will find a 26 year old boy standing holding his ears absurd but I found it adorable. I walked up to him and made him release his ears.

"Last time, and I am warning you, the next time you try and be rude to me I will never I repeat never talk to you." I warned him. He nodded and then took me in a bear hug.
"You look cute." He commented.

"Tell me something I don't know."

After a bit of talking Aryan left.
I quickly clipped my sandals and walked down to my car.
I had my hair in a fishtail braid and I refrained make up.
I quickly drove of to Kabir's office to pick Kavya, but the moment I entered his office something struck me and I decided to take a detour.
Reaching outside Kabir's cabin, I knocked.

After hearing a come in I walked in.
He was a messy worker was my first observation after walking in.

"Please get me the Coffee on my table Richa." He said.

I don't know why but I feel he didn't notice me.
Because he did NOT.

Smiling I picked the coffee and handed it over to him.

"Shortcake." He whispered as soon as his hand touched me while taking the mug even before looking up.

"Impressive." I commented taking a seat partially on his table.

"There is a chair for a reason" he commented.

"Naah, I am comfortable." I answered and he looked at me amusingly.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"Well I thought of having a tour of my soon to be husbands office." I faked.

"Lie, now tell me why are you here." He said.

"To pick Kavya up." I answered truthfully.

"Next room." He answered getting back to his work.

"Are you busy?" I asked him genuinely and he looked up.

"You had some work?" He asked and I nodded. He immediately shut the file and looked at me.

"Give me your phone." I told him and for once he did as asked.

I looked at the names in his phonebook and asked him to call one certain person.

"Call him"

"Karan?" He worded out.

"Yes, call him and invite them for tonight's party." I ordered.