Trying

...Preet...

"Kabir stop behaving like a kid."

"What kid! It's just that I don't like milk."

"You need to have proteins, as it is you don't have your food properly. How are you going to recover?"

"Look Preet you need to treat my hand okay and physiotherapy got nothing to do with milk."

"I am the doctor not you. How would you know. Just for once do as I say."

"I looked it up at internet. Just get my hand working and let me out of this damn hospital."

"Kabir the whole day we have fought for every freaking thing can you please listen. I am tired." I retorted back, giving up sitting back on the bed.

He came back and sat next to me, taking the glass from my hand.

"I am sorry!" He said.

I looked back at him in guilt. I wasn't supposed to throw my frustration on him. I didn't submit my assignment on time, it was my fault. Kabir got nothing to do with it.

"Actually I am sorry. I shouldn't have shouted at you." I replied and looked at him.

"Do I still have to drink this?" He questioned bringing the glass of milk to eye level as if cursing the poor glass.
I let out a low chuckle and nodded looking at him.
He pursed his nose with his thumb and forefinger and gulped the glass down.

"Good boy." I said and ruffled his hair. I was about to leave when he held my wrist.

"Preet!"

"Hmm"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Yeah!"

"Get me out of this hospital please." He requested. A stray tear made its way to his eyes. There was definitely a strong history. He always wanted to get out of hospital. There was something about hospital that created an inner turmoil.

I ran up to him and hugged him. Why I don't know.
He made his grip tighter but only with his left hand, even after a week there was no movement.

"I'll try." I said and broke the hug giving him a sad smile.

The very next minute I walked out and tried to convince the authorities to let Kabir be discharged but to our poor dismay they refused, it was then Ashlyn advised something I was reluctant was possible but the only option I had was to try.

The whole night I was in my room thinking about all the possible ways but the only option was what Ashlyn suggested.

I was still unsure so I did the best thing I could think of, I called Aryan up.

He picked my call up at the very first ring.

"What's bothering you?" He asked.

"How did you know?"

"Heart to heart connection." He said and chuckled himself.

"It was a very poor joke." I retaliated but with a smile on my face.

"But if this poor joke was capable of putting a smile on your face then it's totally worth it." He said.
This is the reason I love him.

"So?"

"Nothing, I'll tell you when I am sure about it."

"Then why don't you sleep and let me spend some decent time with my girlfriend."

"Get lost." I said and hung the phone but not before hearing his laugh.