a little sneak, a little smack

...Kabir..
I woke up with the disturbing sunlight. I picked my phone and found that it was still early morning. I looked around only to find my beautiful wife snuggling closer hugging me tighter. I knew Preet was having tiring days thus her sleep was a necessity, so I carefully picked her up and moved back in our house. I knew if I took the flight to the stairs she would wake up so I decided to settle down in one of the guest rooms. I placed her on the bed and settled myself next to her caressing her hair.
God how I missed her.
I pulled her closer to me kissing her hair.
I smiled thinking how this gorgeous girl in my hand turned my life, she changed the concept of home from being a place to being a person. She bought light to my darkened life. I wouldn't be lying if I say I have been loving her since the very first time I saw her.
I had no idea what this meant then because you cannot expect much from a 3 year old boy. Right from the beginning she has been the smile of my life. I practically ruined her teenage years playing pranks thinking she would consider me cool and would start liking me. She never liked me back then and I tried to prove that the feelings were mutual but who was I kidding. As we grew up my feelings grew deeper. I was well aware to the fact that Preet never even liked me. We both knew we would get married one day but given the opportunity Preet would have exchanged all her luxuries to run away from me. After a time I began to train my mind in such a way which only said it was only an infatuation and that Kabir and Preet were never possible. I wouldn't ever force her in this marriage.
No matter what?
I tried distracting myself with other girls, I wouldn't lie I even had one night stands while I was in my university and in the starting years of my career. But the day when Preet was about to go away to London, I knew no matter what I try to think or no matter how much I refused I have always been loving her. The day she left she took a part of me with her. She took my heart. Right after that day gone was the millionaire heartbreaker, since his own heart was now with his childhood sweetheart. Preet earlier was never the hot diva she is now infact she was more on the healthier side, but her eyes shined innocently yet then, her smile had the power to lighten up the storm yet then. She was perfect yet then.
Engrossed in her thoughts I hid myself in her hair and I have no idea when I slipped back into sleep.

...Preet...

The moment I opened my eyes I was pecked on my lips.
I smiled sensing his touch.

"Kabir, it's too early and I am still adjusting to the world." I replied snuggling deeper in his chest. I felt his chest reverberating with laughter which bought a small smile on my lips.

"I'll get coffee." He whispered in my ears.

"Hmm." Was my plain reply.
He moved out of our duvet and walked to the door when I called him.

"Kabir." I sat up rubbing my eyes, pouting.

"Hmm?" He asked.

I opened my arms with my eyes still closed, within seconds he was next to me hugging me, cuddling me.
He pecked my forehead and I opened my eyes looking up at him.

He got up and went to get us coffee when suddenly my phone rang and it was Kavya. I groaned. Right now I wasn't in a mood to deal with her so I just ignored the call switching my cell phone off.
I sat with my back resting on the bed rest with the duvet over my feet.
Within minutes Kabir was back. Handling me the mug he settled himself behind me such that I sat in between his legs with his chest as my back rest.

Later dressing up, we left for the house on fire aka The Malhotra Mansion.
On reaching there I got back to work while the boys were what you can say chilling around in the lawn.
Lavanya picked up a empty cane basket and chucked them at the boys.

Soon it was afternoon all the young clan were outside in the lawn as Tara and I started serving. We all sat enjoying our meal when Karan piped.

"I heard about you little encounter." He said pointing towards Kabir.