Ch.4 I'll Stand by You

Ok So i finally posted a picture of Esmeralda :) It's on the right.

Hope you guys like the video as well :)

I walked into the library cautiously and hesitantly.  There he was. Sitting by himself at a desk near the back of the library.

I walked briskly toward the table, the suspense was tearing me apart inside. I wanted him to tell me that it wasn't true. So i could ignore Sampson Gore for the rest of my life because i would know he was a fraud.

"Esmeralda." John said with a smile on his face as he saw me pulling out a chair at the table so i could sit.

"....John..." I didn't know what the expression on my face revealed, but i knew i felt pretty horrible.

" Hey.. what's wrong? Did something bad happen?" He said looking alarmed.

"Umm.. well yes. But it's not about me. It's about you." I was seriously losing my nerve. I HAD to just say it already.. or i'd chicken out.

His face immediately became serious. "Well then tell me. It's that simple."

"...I heard a rumor today, that you got a girl pregnant."

His face froze. He was as still as a statue. After about a minute his face showed the darkest fury i'd ever seen on his face.

"Esmeralda." He said my name very slowly and with emphasis. " I NEED to know who told you that."

" oh well.. it was a rumor..."

"NOW." He got up and walked around the table to where i was sitting, knelt down next to my chair, and looked me right in the face.

I was actually kind of scared. I'd never seen this side of him before. But really, what did i know about him? I didn't know the finer points of his life at all. Funny how I even called him my best friend.

"Look it's okay no harm done alright? I'll drop it. Sorry for bringing it up."

"NO. It's NOT okay. Tell me NOW."

The librarian looked over suspiciously.

John grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out of the library. We walked out of the school (since we had no sixth period, we were allowed to leave campus) and he practically dragged me to the car.

"GET IN." He practically growled.

"NO JOHN. Listen to me. I know you're angry but, you NEED to calm down and think straight! We can't leave. We're ALSO Ayden's ride home."

"Why can't you just tell me who told you that?! Dammit Esmeralda!"

"Because your SCARING me!" I was really scared at this point and shaking.

"WELL MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T BRING STUPID SHIT UP, I WOULDN'T BE MAD DUMB-ASS."

And he got into his car and drove away, leaving me there. I started crying. Then the bell rang, dismissing everyone from school.

I stood there where the car was previously parked, silently crying with tears streaking down my face.

I heard someone jogging up behind me, i already knew who it was, but i didn't want him to see my face.

"Hey Esme where the heck is the ca-" He looked at my face. "What happened?" His voice was flat.

"I...I.. S-s-sorry." My voice stuttered as i was still crying.

He tried to pull me into his arms and i tried to push him away, but he held on tight. I hated crying in front of Ayden.

He wiped the tears from my eyes. " Forget about it okay Esme? Do you wanna walk home, or shall we take the bus?"

I knew i could probably call my brother to come get us but i didn't feel like seeing anyone but Ayden at the moment.

"Can we walk?"

"Sure," He Said, with a worried look in his eyes.

We walked in silence. My house was only about 25 minutes away if you were walking.. it wasn't too bad.

"Esme please talk to me i'm going crazy."

"It's nothing Ayden! I just got John really mad that's all."

"So this was John's fault." He said with an angry look in his eyes.

"No! it wasn't! It was mine!"

"And did you really give him a reason to make you cry?" Ayden asked.

"Yea.. i did. I shouldn't have been so nosey." I didn't believe what i was saying, but i didn't need Ayden to really go at it with John.

We arrived at my house. Ayden offered to come inside with me but i declined. He hugged me really tightly.

"Esme i love you. You know how much i hate it when you cry."

My heart skipped a beat. I knew he loved me, but it was unspoken between the two of us. We had both decided a while back that we'd rather stay friends than be in a relationship. Nonetheless he still made my heart melt when he said things like that.

"I love you too Ayden. Don't worry about me so much, I'll be fine. I Promise."

"Esme, I'll stand by you though anything. You can always count on me, i swear."

"i know." I smiled at him. "You know what Ayden? I changed my mind. Come inside, i feel like baking you some cookies."

He laughed, but followed me inside anyways.