"Okay, guys." Mr. Jonas said. "Seniors, get to the front of the field, as well as anyone accompanying them."

Camila and I got up to find Sofi and her friends. A minute later, Jamie found my mom and met me at the front of the field.

Out of the corner of my eye, the other guard members came out and gave Camila a group hug.

"What are you guys doing?" Camila asked, clearly confused.

"We want to walk you out onto the field." Jamie explained. "If that's okay with you and Sofi."

Sofi nodded, but Camila smiled and looked at me.

"You did this, didn't you?" She mouthed.

"I'm not confirming nor denying this." I mouthed back with a sly smile.

"GOOD EVENING, GARRISON FIELD! PLEASE JOIN US AS WE WELCOME OUR MARCHING BAND SENIORS ONTO THE FIELD TONIGHT! FIRST UP, WE HAVE ALLY BROOKE HERNANDEZ, CLARINET PLAYER. SHE'S ESCORTED BY HER MOM PAT, HER DAD JERRY, AND HER BROTHER BRANDON."

Brandon Hernandez was the most badass Piccolo player I've ever met. I mean, come on, a dude playing Piccolo? That was badass enough.

"NEXT WE HAVE LAUREN JAUREGUI, TRUMPET PLAYER. SHE'S LED ONTO THE FIELD TONIGHT BY HER MOM CLARA, DAD MIKE, BROTHER CHRIS, AND SISTER TAYLOR."

I squeezed Camila's hand as she watched all the families walk down the field.

"GIVE IT UP FOR TROMBONE PLAYER DINAH JANE HANSEN. SHE'S WALKED OUT BY HER MOM MILIKA, DAD GORDON, AS WELL AS HER SIBLINGS AND HER COUSINS."

We both giggled at the fact since Dinah has the biggest family ever they shortened it to "cousins" and "siblings" instead of individually listing everyone.

"NEXT WE HAVE BASS DRUM CAPTAIN, NATE POWELL! HE'S LED OUT BY HIS MOM SUE, STEPDAD FRANK, AND SISTER SAMANTHA!"

Nate walked down as the band chanted "DUT DUT DUT!", Nate's most famous quote.

"NEXT GIVE IT UP FOR DANCE TEAM MEMBER AND NEWLY ELECTED COLOR GUARD MEMBER, NORMANI KORDEI HAMILTON! SHE'S ESCORTED BY MOM ANDREA, DAD DERRICK, AND SISTERS ASHLEE AND ARIELLE."

Normani smiled as she walked down. Camila took a deep breath.

"Knock 'em dead, princess." I said, kissing her cheek.

"NOW COMING ON THE FIELD WE HAVE GUARD CAPTAIN CAMILA CABELLO! SHE'S ESCORTED BY HER SISTER SOFIA AND HER TEAMMATES!"

Camila walked down, smiling and laughing. Nice job, Y/N. I thought to myself. You really know how to cheer her up.

"AND NOW, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...I WANT YOU TO GIVE IT UP FOR THE DRUM MAJOR OF THE GARRISON MARCHING GREYHOUNDS.. Y/N ALLEN! Y/N IS ESCORTED BY SISTER JAMIE AND MOM TORI!"

I walked down the field with my family arm and arm. As soon as I made it past the arc of cheerleaders, Camila came up to me and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Told you you wouldn't walk alone." I whispered.

Later that night, we performed our show and it was the best of the season. Normani really did learn the guard work quickly, and Camila and her both had amazing solos. The band improved a lot with dynamics, and the student section could tell. They were hyped, cheering every time we played loud and every time we did a cool visual. I was so proud of my girlfriend, no scratch that, I was proud of the band I was a part of.

Due to the fact it was homecoming, we got an insane amount of cheers. I was holding back a smile as we marched off the field.

"Guys, that was an energizing show!" Mr. Jonas said. "We need to clean up some parts in the ballad, but it was incredible! I hope we can bring that energy to the field tomorrow! Call time tomorrow is 1 PM. Everyone has to bring something."