Prologue

WARNING: BOOK GETS OFF TO A SLOW START. If you have no patience then this might not be the fanfic for you

Official Trailer for Candor And Curiosity is at the top. I hope you enjoy.

Hello ^_^ Welcome to my story readers. I am your Author-chan Cupcake. I hope you enjoy Candor and Curiosity. For those of you who've read The Chances Are Slender, names might be familiar but this book is NOT connected to the current TCAS. It was supposed to be, but it's not. So whatever you think you may know... You really don't haha.

Copyright 2016 cupcaketwinkle101.

Let's get this show on the road!

******

"We're gonna name him Luke!" John exclaimed excitedly for the umpteenth time that night, causing me to shake my head in amusement while gathering my things from my office. "He's going to grow up to be a handsome boy, just like his daddy!"

"He sure will," I agreed, with an amused smile on my face as John, the building janitor, continued his animated chatter. "And I'm sure he'll inherit some of Marge's good looks too."

I continued gathering my papers and tools as John continued to tell me of his plans for his soon-to-be born son. Margaret, most commonly known as Marge, was now nine months pregnant and was expected to give birth very soon. 

And if anyone was the most excited about it, it was her husband.

"We've already started buying him toys and cute little clothes, and even a little crib. We turned the old drawin' room into a nursery and painted it the cutest shade of blue you ever did see. I can't wait for you to see it,  Elizabeth." He continued as I closed the door to the office behind me and we started down the hallway towards the exit.

"I can't wait to see it either!  It seems you've got this all planned out." I smiled, and John nodded in agreement.

"I do! My son is gonna grow up to the smartest in his class. Heck, maybe the smartest in his school! He's gonna win lots of trophies and play sports and he's definitely gonna be a ladies man, just like I was!"

I held back a giggle as I glanced at John who, looking at him now, I would've never been able to tell he was once popular with girls. He had a tall, lanky figure, shaggy black hair, and a crooked nose that turned red whenever he laughed. He had been my friend ever since I started working for this particular newspaper company,  but even I had to admit that he wasn't exactly as suave as he made himself out to be.

"He's also going to go to one of them fancy colleges. You know, like Harvard or Yale. And he's gonna become a doctor or a lawyer! And I've already started saving for his. . . what do you call that thing?"

"Tuition?"

"Yes, tuition! And I'm sure when he gets older he's gonna take care of his parents like a good son would, don't ya think?"

I didn't want to tell him that I thought those expectations were too much so I nodded silently in response, and much to my relief there was silence for the first time since John had come to meet me at the office as usual.

I enjoyed hearing nothing but the sound of my heels clicking against the tiles and John's squeaking boots for as long as it would last because... I knew it wouldn't last long.

"Hey Elizabeth." He broke the silence, and I sighed. "There's somethin I've been meaning to ask you." He scratched the back of his head and flashed me a sheepish grin.

"What is it?" I asked, wondering what it could possibly be. He chuckled nervously, then relaxed.

"I was. . . Well, I was wondering if maybe. . . you'd like to be the godmother. Y'know, for the baby?"