Extra: Flashbacks

All of Silver's Flashbacks

*****

Flashback #1:

...I slowly creep toward the back door. The lights were off and I couldn't see much into the house. I stayed as quiet as I could. Sneaking forward, I crouched down when I got close to the side of the sliding glass door.

There was movement inside; someone was riffing through the living room. I could see anything through the dark glass. I moved forward to get a better angle, but the motion detector caught the sudden shift.

Light filled the yard and I froze at what I saw. The glass wasn't dark; it was red. Thick blood was oozing down the entire door. I couldn't see anything through it, and I wasn't all too sure I wanted to.

"Check the back," a voice rang out from inside.

The click of the lock snapped me back into reality. I moved quickly to the side of the house and hid behind the bushes. I heard someone come around. I held my breath, so he couldn't hear my heavy breathing.

"It must have been a cat." He walked back inside and the door slid shut.

I released a sigh of relief. I started to try to stand when my foot snagged on something, and I fell onto the wet mud. I turned back and almost screamed. There were body parts everywhere.

The dismembered parts of a girl were soaked in blood. The light was a silhouette against the side of the house, but that gave just enough light to recognize who it was. The look of fear was plastered on her face.

I crawled back in disgust and shock. I kept going until I hit the wall of the house and began to push myself up. That's when I looked down.

The ground wasn't wet, it was soaked in that poor dismembered girl. The blood stained every part of body. It went up my arms and my legs, drenched my clothes, and smothered my face.

My bodies started to contract and hyperventilate in fear. I was so focus on the body that I had become paralyzed to the world around me. I never heard the man come back out...

Flashback #2:

...His fingers snaked their way through my hair, yanking my head back to face him.

"Well look what we got here," his voice was cold and callous. His face was hidden by the shadows of the house. The light showed a dark silhouette around him.

He tossed me toward the wall. My face smacked against the raw brick. After hitting once, he stalked towards me and slammed my forehead against the brick a second and third time. His menacing laugh echoed throughout the yard.

Twisting me around, his hand wrapped tight around my throat. The blood flowed down the broken face. The warm, oozing blood was the only warmth felt as he came closer.

The only part of him that was reflected off the light was his mouth. The smile on his face was the greatest memorable thing about him. The grin showed only the emotions of true pleasure in pain, and it seemed like I was to be the next victim.

My eyes blurred and I started to lose consciousness. He loosened his grip as I slumped to the ground, facing up to him.

He squatted down and said, "I guess we don't get enjoy that thrill of the chase after all."

His eyes poured into mine. The same ones I had seen every day. The same look that I had once thought was love. Love of family.

The man standing over me now was Jason. The one ready to kill me was my own brother.