Chapter 18- Staying

Start from the beginning

"Didn't you sleep well?" She chuckled again and said to me raising an eyebrow

"No actually, I barely slept. Wanna know why?" She asked with an evil smirk forming on her face, making me dread the answer, but nodded her to continue either way.

"Well, you see, I remember last night, I wasn't as god damm wasted as you were, and I remember all the fun I had with Philip an-"

"Philip?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, I don't know if you remember but there were two guys here last night-"

"Yes, yes, yes I remember." I said quickly, trying to aviod the topic.

"Well me and Philip had our fun but you and Daniel... damm you guys were all through the night! I could hear you guys from outside the house! I'm honestly not sure how the neighbours didn't woke up because jesus I honestly don't know which of you was screaming louder-"

"Oh my God stop! Please stop! God, I don't even want to hear it! I just want to forget this morning and last night." I said with a disgusted face, avoiding to imagine what me and Magician guy had done the night before.

"Well congratulations you already did half those things!" Red said with a mocking smile, making me roll my eyes at her.

Suddenly silence was around us. You know that slightly terrifying silence before that dreadful conversation that you don't want to have. I decided to face it head on and started my apology.

"Hey look I was going to t-"

"April." She said cutting me off, making me even more scared.

"Yes?" I said managing not to get chocked on my own words. I really didn't want to lose Red, not at all.

"Before we talk....can you get dressed?" She said with an awkward but amused smile.

I exaled deeply, releasing a breath I hadn't realised I was holding, relieved.

"Yeah sure sure." I said walking over to my walk in closet and trowing on underwear, some skinny jeans and a band tshirt, hurring then back to the bedside were Red had sat on.

I sat next to her, taking a deep breath, before looking at her with an apologetic look, which she responded with a negative shake of her head.

"I want to stay. I wanted you to know that." The words floated through the room. The words that did not came from my mouth. I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly turned to Red with a questioning look.

"Why do you want to stay?" I asked Red, who was starting at the wall.

"I don't know." She said simply. "I really don't. But I feel like things are going to get better, not just for me. I'm not sure how but...I don't know I just feel like things are going to get better. I know it."

"So does that mean. .." I said hesitantly

"Yes." She said firmly, a smile taking over her face. "I'm going to stay."

I smiled at her, happiness floading every cell or my body. She was going to stay. I was so happy I almost could walk up to Ashton and forgive all the dumb shit he had told me - almost. I was so glad she was staying. She was basically my best friend even thought we had only met a couple days earlier. I really wanted her by my side to help me and I really thought I could help her, though it was visible that she was changing. She seemed more confident by the day and I was sure that in no time I would be the one to hold her back from remodeling Victoria's caked face. I was proud of her, I was proud of my best friend.

Over the next few days, my life was pretty normal: hanging out with my friends, getting occasionally sent to detention, mainly thanks to Cody, avoiding Ian, avoiding Victoria, avoiding Cole, and most of all, avoiding my mate. It was hard, very hard. I could feel the mate pull pushing me to run to his arms and have babies with him, but I fought it. Every time I senced or smelled him I would quickly turn arou6ng and walk the other way until he stopped chasing me. He never gave up. He would try to catch me every time he could, but I always out ran him. Fox perk.