Chapter 24- Family

(A/N: HEEEEEY GUYS YOU REACHED 1K!!!!!! Thank you all so freaking much!! Really, thank you for all the support it wouldn't have been possible without you (obviously).

IMPORTANT: I will be on vacation from tomorrow to day 30, so I'm not sure if I'll update on that period. Sorry guys! : /

Anyways I hope you like this new chapter )

Recap:

We restarted walking again, but the atmosphere around us hadn't changed. Although Ian had just asked me to be his girlfriend, and we were now together, an 'item', I felt exactly like before.

I guess maybe it was because from the moment we met, fate had already join us.

April's POV

I woke up at 3pm on the following Saturday, thank god we had chosen Friday to make that dammed dinner. I had a massive headache from not sleeping enough and the nights I had spent doing a movie/TV show marathon definitely didn't help. I held no regrets though.

The first thing on my mind when I woke up was obviously, food. I know, I'm a great friend. I got up despite the pain in my head and walked lazily to the bathroom, practically dragging my feet behind me. After I did what I had to do there and took a 40 minute shower, I wrapped myself around a towel and went to my room, the cold water waking me up just enough so I could walk around without my eyes closing themselves or actually lifting my foot in each steep.

I entered my walk in closet and took some shorts and a black top, grabbing some undergarments, taking them back to my room. I had just started to get dressed when my phone started ringing, making me release a frustrated groan and quickly finish dressing myself before storming towards the phone and answering harshly:

"What?" As you can tell, I was not a morning person. Not that it was morning but that was besides the point. In fact I think every morning person has a special place in hell here the-

"Sister! How have you been?" My brother asked like I had just gave him a warm greeting.

He knew all to well not to wake me up in the morning, but then again, it wasn't exactly morning. I groaned again, this time in annoyance, rolling my eyes as I did so.

"Matthew I just woke up and I've had a rough week so can you please not torture me with your presence?" I asked, taking my phone off the charger and walking towards the kitchen, feeling my stomach's emptiness.

"Well explains your salty mood." He said, pouting like a teenage boy.

"Any expecifical reason for you to call me or you just wanted to brighten my day?" I said, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

Arriving to the kitchen, I opened the fridge's door with my free hand, taking out some leftovers of a burger night I had with Red and Caroline a few days ago.

'Should be eatable.' I thought turning around and closing the door with my foot, pacing the tuperware on the counter, turning around again to retrive a plate from the cabinets.

"Actually I wanted to check up on you." He said causally, but truthfully.

His words catched me of guard and I almost dropped the plate I was holding, setting it on the counter rather clumsily, right next to the leftovers.

"Beg your pardon?" I said almost choking on the chips I had just stuffed my mouth with, using my hand to put the food on the microwave and clicking almost randomly on a few buttons, pressing 'start' on the end.

"Yes dear sister, I called to ask about your wellbeing." He said with a chuckle, but I knew him all to well, and knew that he felt a little hurt. "Don't be so surprised, I already told you that your wellbeing is rather important to me, you just chose not to belive me." I rolled my eyes at him, remembering the conversation we had had a few weeks ago.