Chapter Twenty-One

The television plays the notebook, for the fourth time this week, and my spoon scrapes the side of the ice cream tub just as Ally realizes she wants Noah back. Its so dumb, you can't have someone back seven years later, life doesn't work that way. I stick the spoon into my mouth, glaring at the TV screen.

"Are you ever going to get up off that couch Tilly" Ava asks, picking up the empty ice cream tub.

"I don't know. I think I just wanna watch movies" I say, snuggling into my blanket deeper.

"You've been watching movies for four days, I think Ally and Noah want to rest in peace" I stick my tongue out at her, she throws away the tub of rocky road.

My phone starts vibrating from across the room where I chucked it earlier when Sawyer kept calling and texting me. Ava thinks it's nice he finally decided to explain himself but I don't want to hear any excuses, I don't really want to see him again frankly.

Ava walks over, picks up the phone, sets it back down and slowly walks away.

"Sawyer?" I mumble, she nods.

"Just say it. I know you wanna say something" I groan

"I just think you should hear him out. It might not even be true, there might be something else going on" she gushes

"Ava. If it wasn't true Sawyer wouldn't have let me cry in the hallway, or accuse him of it without defending himself or walk away from him upset okay? He doesn't love me, he never did. Why would I want to hear him out?"

She stands up, sighing and throwing her head back, "Sawyer was the best person in the world for you Tilly. I just don't believe he'd hurt you like this"

Ava's words resinate in my head, maybe i'll just check the messages. I get up and walk over to the phone. I plop down on the floor and unlock my phone.

5 text messages:

Tilly answer my calls

Tilly please I need to talk to you

Till, please, just answer the phone

Tilly...I know you don't wanna talk to me but...I have to explain. Call me

I love you

I exit the text app and move on to the phone.

4 days ago 8:00am Tilly I need to talk to you, I need to explain. God, I'm an idiot...I shoulda never... call me okay? I love you.

4 days ago 12:09pm

4 days ago 3:33pm

4 days ago 5:57pm

4 days ago 5:58pm

4 days ago 5:59 pm

4 days ago 11:00pm

3 days ago 3:00am Hey Tilly, baby, please just call me. Or answer my calls or something. I need you, I needa talk to you. Okay, please? I love you.

3 days ago 11:18am

3 days ago 12:00pm

3 days ago 1:00pm

3 days ago 1:58pm

3 days ago 6:34pm

2 days ago 1:09pm Just answer the phone Tilly. I can't not talk to you. I'm going crazy with you so angry at me...And...I just...I love you.

2 days ago 4:48pm

2 days ago 7:37pm

1 day ago 4:33am Tilly....I love you.