02 | A × SUPRISING × CHALLENGE

Start from the beginning

[Y/N] dragged the massive pig back to the cooking station. She laid out all the proper equipments and ingredients that would help enhance the pig's flavor. Then, she washed and cleaned the pig's ears, nose, feet, mouth, and it's carcass. From there, she skewered the pig on to the spit, while the fire from below cooked the meat. [Y/N] rotated the metal rod so that all parts of the large animal was cooked without a trace of rawness. The rotation assisted with bringing out the pig's own juices, which made basting more easier and simpler. It lessened the amount of materials needed. She coated the pig in its fluids that poured from its body and used a basting brush to spread it. This helped with keeping its skin moist, full of flavor, and maintained color.

The girl glanced over to her right to see how the other participants were doing. Her eyes landed on 405 and his friends. The expression on their face was that of confidence. It's as if they were brewing a strategy that would wow the examiners, ultimately passing the second phase.

To [Y/N], this challenged seemed easy

When the pig was fully roasted to a golden texture, she slid the animal off the skewer and placed it on the counter top of her cooking station. [Y/N] decorated the pig by placing an apple in its mouth and lettuce around its body for an aesthetic appearance. Once done, the girl carried the pig on a metal tray and presented it to the examiners. Buhara began eating the pig and gave it a thumbs up. Menchi, on the otherhand, was dissatisfied with the roast she presented and failed her.

I know I stated that I can cook before but I never said I was good one.

"You're no better than 99," she declared, shooing me away to judge another applicant's dish

"99? Whose 99?" [Y/N] mumbled under her breath. She only knew certain people by appearance and some by numbers. When she glanced around the area, she realized that the silver-haired boy was 99.