Chapter 18: Guess Who's Back

I wake up to annoying giggling... again. When will these people understand that I'm not a morning person and that I just want to wake up on my own time? I keep my eyes closed, hoping to fall back to sleep.

"Kendall, wake up! We're gonna be later for class!" I lift my head slightly and look for Guilianna through my half opened eyes.

"Anna, what class do we first?" I ask. I hear a bag zipping open and someone rummaging through the contents.

"Uh, Music," she says casually. My eyes shoot open and I throw my blanket off of my body and sit up straight. Guilianna looks at me with wide eyes and I probably reflected her expression.

"Music!" Guilianna and I yell in unison. I fly off my bed and put on something that was at least presentable. "How much time do we have left?" I ask. Olive looks at her watch and her eyes widen.

"Half an hour!" she warns. I put on my clothes and run to the bathroom. I quickly comb through my hair and put it in a ponytail. A little bit of deodorant and I fly out, everything ready. Just as I burst through the door, I see something I did not expect.

Chad...

You know what they say; new day, new problems. I see Delilah out of the corner of my eye and rush to them. But Guilianna beat me to it.

"Oh my soul! Chad!" She screams as she runs to him. By Chad's expression, I'd say he's pretty surprised to see her here. I look at the Delilah, who turns around and goes in the other direction after seeing her as well. Guilianna drops her bag and jumps into Chad's arms. He wraps his arms around her waist, but still looks surprised. "I can't believe you came all the way from New Zealand to see me! I missed you so much!"

"Yeah, I missed you too," he said, sounding like he's happy. But the look on his face said otherwise.

"Hey, Guilianna, can I borrow Chad for a moment?" I ask, but I don't wait for her answer. I grab his arm and walk away with him.

"But you're gonna be late for Music!" Guilianna yells.

"It won't be long!" I yell back. The moment the group is out of sight, I grab him by his collar and push him against the wall. "You better have a good freakin' reason as to why you are here." He looks away from me and to another group. In that group was Delilah, not looking happy. "Come with me." I pull on his arm to Delilah. "Delilah, come over here, please!" She turns around and sees me with Chad. And immediately, she comes along. I lead them to the same place and pushed them both against the wall.

"Okay, you have one minute to explain to me what the hell is going on between you!" I sneer at them. They look at each other with nervous expressions.

"Karla-"

"Kendall," I say flatly, correcting Chad.

"Right, Kendall. This is not what It looks like," he says, trying to defend himself.

"Really? 'Cause it looks like you are cheating on my best friend!" I say loudly.

"You see, I wanted to break up with Guilianna while I was in New Zealand. And I came to see Delilah. I didn't know that Guilianna was at this camp," he explains. 

"And how were you going to do that, Chad?" I ask him, "were you even telling the truth when you told her that you were going to New Zealand?" He stays silent. "You weren't, were you? Not only did you lie to Guilianna, but you lied to your own best friends."

"I'm going to New Zealand," he said, "just... later on. I lied so that... I... uh..." I slap him across the face. Delilah protests, but I ignore her.

"Stop lying and tell the truth for once, dammit!" I yell. He rubs his cheek before answering.

"I wanted a clean slate. A new life. My friends started to annoy me, my girlfriend annoys me even more and her friends are violent toward me!" I punch him in his nose.