Chapter 17: The Wrath of Stacy Frazier

"Five, six, seven, eight. One, two, three, four. No, nee, neit, nein!" Jodie exclaims. We all stop as she turns around and yells stop. Her nostrils flare up and she looks around. "I expect better behaviour from all of you. Something more professional. And what do I get?" She walks to the back of the class, all our eyes following her. She grabs two guys' arms and pull them to the front of the class.

"I get two baboons!" She lets them go and takes a step back. "Explain yourselfs! Tell us what was so funny?" The guys stay quiet. "What? Cat caught your tongue? It didnt seem like it a minute ago! Speak!" They still didnt talk. She slaps them both on the back of their heads. "If I catch you in this class again, youll be sorry! Out! I dont want to see your face until you prove to me that you want this!" The guys left, sulking.

"Lets try this again," she says, calming down. She turns around and looks in the mirror. "Five, six, seven, eight." Before she could stary dancing, the bell rings. She groans and turns around to face us. "Go! Practise the dance. When you walk in here tomorrow, I expect professional behaviour and a group of young adults who at least have an idea about the dance. Dismissed." The students take their bags and leave their second class of the day. It's off to gym... oh hell.

***

Everything was fine on this beautiful Monday... until we stepped into gym class.

Stacy's back, busy with something on her phone. Once we were all on our places, she puts her phone down and looks at us, arms crossed over her chest. A dangerous sign. We all go silent when we see her waiting for us.

"Good morning, class," she says in a monotone voice. We all mumble a good morning back. "I apologise for not being here on Saturday. I was busy with... personal issues. Unlike some people." My shoulder slump. She's not over it. Today is the day we will suffer. "I have something... special planned for you all today." She stands up and walks to the door. Shes' way too calm... shes going to kill us all.

She takes us to the entrance of the camp. "You'll start off by doing ten burpees here. From there, you run around each cabin twice. After that, jump into the lake, do a lap and come back. Once you're back, you'll do fifty pushups. And for the ones who missed my class on Friday," she looks at me dead in the eye and smirks, "You have to do the whole track twice. Meaning twenty burpees, running around each cabin four times, doing two laps in the lake and doing one hundred pushups. Do I make myself clear?" Everybody mumbles a yes.

"Do I make myself clear?!" She repeats loudly, clearly not satisfied with our and scaring us all.

"Yes, ma'am!" we all answer in unison.

"Then move your arses! The track won't fill itself!" she yells. We all start. We thought that she went easy on us but we were wrong. So, so wrong. And doing it twice? That was just cruel and embarrassing  I was the only one. No one dares to skip her class. She comes to find you and makes you pay.

***

"It feels good to be back in the cabin," Guilianna says and falls onto her bed. One by one we fall on our beds.

"So, now that we are all back," Melinda says and looks at us whike sitting on her bed, "I want to know how it went with Olive and Kendalls date. Olive got a serious hangover after it, so it must be good!"

"It was fine," I say with a shrug and walk back to the window to look at the lake. Its always calming to look at it, nothing disturbing it. Only the sun reflecting on the water along with the wall of trees.

"What did you guys do?" Kelsy asks.

"Nothing much. We all went bowling. After that we just hung out. Drinking beer and getting to know each other," I explain.

"Seems like Olive had one too many beers," Guilianna says and chuckles. I look at Olive who hides her face behind her hair.

"That wasnt the best part," I say and look out the window again. This time, a little further down was, again, Ian and Stacy. There was no argument, they were talking calmly. Ian holds his arms out to a crying Stacy which she accepts and melts into his hug. Ian strokes her back and kisses the top of her head.

"Well, dont leave us hanging! Tell us what happened!" Kelsy exclaims, making me snap back to reality. I turn around and look at them.

"The moment Trevor and I walked out of the car, Olive jumped on Kennedy. When we came back, they were having a full out make out session. If it werent for us stopping them, the clothes wouldve come off," I say. The whole room laughs, except for Olive. She looks at me in disbelief.

"Oh please tell me that is just a joke!" she pleads. I shake my head and she groans as she falls onto her bed and covers her face with her pillow.

"What about you and Trevor?" Melinda asks. I shrug again.

"We talked about stuff. Got to know each other a little more," I say.

"What did you find out?" Guilianna asks.

"Only that he had a sister named Amethyst and that he is part British," I say.

"Okay then," Kelsy says, "I have everything I need! Whos ready to watch a movie?"

"Let me guess," Olive says, "Twilight."

"No man, we are over vampires and werewolves," Guilianna says, "This time its Frozen."

"Finally, its about time that you guys let it go," Olive says, expecting a slew of laughs. We all just stared at her.

"Dude, that pun was a stretch," Melinda says. Olives cheeks turn red. I sit next to her on her bed and give her a side hug before getting up with her wrist in my hand and walk to the only TV we had.

At least its better than Twilight.